Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% p&t exam

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Starting a new thread to avoid confusion.  I was awarded 100% p&t on 12/1/2020, effective 7/7/2020 (date of last c&p).  However, in the decision letter it says they are scheduling exams to evaluate my current severity.   What is the point if I’m already 100% p&t. Are they just looking to take away what they just gave me?

There is some confusion.  All the items we are taking about are the same 12 from that screenshot.  They issued ratings on them and also say they are still deferred and want exams. The rating on these 12 raised me to 100% p&t.

Then yes there is some confusion, what does your letter say that the VA wants to examine? Did you already have these exams? Is this the BVA granted portion and you didn't post the VA rating?

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

It says they want to have an exam for the “current severity” for each of the 12 items.  I posted a copy and paste of the section about my left shoulder,  but all 12 items have the same statement about an exam.  The BVA granted only service connection,  I ratings at all.  I have not have these exams.  The ratings I received were based off a c&p in 7/2020.

Edited by SPO

Like I said It make no sense.

So now we get granted something.

And then still have to go to exams.

Va is to use the exam already part of the record to come up with the rating 

Not order exam to see if issue just grant improve before they rate them.

Like I said I would be uploading all types of statement about it.

And I would ask the place we're exam is to reschedule do to car family not feeling well. Whatever

And hope va address your statement before the new exams

If not you got statement in your record about it and you can show they still order the exam

After the statement because it was rescheduled.

Good luck.

This new va stuff and errors I believe are been done on purpose.

They understand we have no way of contacting anyone and they can just not even read are statement.

And we have to wait to the court or somebody at the bva take the time to process the claim right.

On 12/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, SPO said:

Starting a new thread to avoid confusion.  I was awarded 100% p&t on 12/1/2020, effective 7/7/2020 (date of last c&p).  However, in the decision letter it says they are scheduling exams to evaluate my current severity.   What is the point if I’m already 100% p&t. Are they just looking to take away what they just gave me?

Back to your OP (ORIGINAL POST) You were granted 100% P & T on 12/1/2020 with an effective date of 7/7/2020 even though the VA just granted you 100% P & T the board is trying to determine if you should have been paid your 100% P & T before the 7/7/2020 effective date and the only way to be sure is that the VA or a medical examiner will have to show through your records when your disabilities were increased in severity. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

I am not saying anything about the 12 conditions remanded. All I am pointing out is all about the shoulder, which is rated at 0% up to 07/20. If you read what I wrote without inferring any other meaning, what I said makes perfect sense. I am saying he should dig into the records for any evidence of pain because that should give him an EED. Do your own homework. Scour the record, no one knows the veterans symptoms like the veteran.

The minimum rating on a shoulder is 20%. He should not walk away from that if he does not need to.

Pacman1 said:

"...failed to realize that the veteran was also granted twelve (12) other service connections that have not been rated." 

The best answer to the issue about this was provided way back on page 1 by broncovet: 

"There is your answer.  You may get an eed, or maybe smc.  My advice is to attend C and P exams, as applicable, and wait for the results of the deferred issues. "

There are a lot of confusing interests here. It does not help the veteran to over and over this for 9 pages.

Edited by pwrslm