Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% p&t exam

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Starting a new thread to avoid confusion.  I was awarded 100% p&t on 12/1/2020, effective 7/7/2020 (date of last c&p).  However, in the decision letter it says they are scheduling exams to evaluate my current severity.   What is the point if I’m already 100% p&t. Are they just looking to take away what they just gave me?

veteran was granted 100% P & T but was also deferred multiple ratings for more C & P exams. Even though I used the word speculate, I do believe it is a clear answer. These new C & P exams can possibly warrant an earlier 100% rating effective date.

There is your answer.  You may get an eed, or maybe smc.  My advice is to attend C and P exams, as applicable, and wait for the results of the deferred issues.

This post came from Bronco and myself.  We agree on the confusion but at the present time, there is no need for the veteran to file a supplemental or an HLR on an open/pending claim. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:05 PM, broncovet said:

You posted:

There is your answer.  You may get an eed, or maybe smc.  My advice is to attend C and P exams, as applicable, and wait for the results of the deferred issues.  

You said?

At this time? The final determination is already in on the shoulder. It is time for SPO to check what the medical records and his original C&P say. If there was an error and he ID's mention of painful motion, he should file to correct it ASAP. It is very likely that the RO would consolidate this issue and he would not need to wait several months if there is an error.

Why put it off, if it needs to be returned to the BVA, the sooner he initiates the action, the better. 

Edited by pwrslm

On 12/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, pacmanx1 said:

Bronco, yes there is the SMC factor, but this veteran was granted 100% P & T but was also deferred multiple ratings for more C & P exams. Even though I used the word speculate, I do believe it is a clear answer. These new C & P exams can possibly warrant an earlier 100% rating effective date.

This was Bronco replying to, my post that VA is working on determining if the veteran records warrant an EED and a SMC payment. The claim cannot be returned to the BVA until after the final decision is made.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

25 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

The claim cannot be returned to the BVA until after the final decision is made.

But he should be prepared. SPO needs to scour his medical records and C&P from his shoulder to see if there is any mention of pain. Why are you so against this? 

20% from 07/18 to 11/20 would be $301+ x16  months absent any other award. If the board made a mistake, it should be notified as quickly as possible because they may correct it on the spot. 

Edited by pwrslm