Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA win of medical reimbursement claim

Rate this topic

McRay

• Community Owner
11 minutes ago, Vync said:

@Rattler767I also have had similar issues with the Birmingham VAMC travel office... The fact that we have to routinely go over their head says a lot.

Amen Brother Amen.

Well, my BVA 'win' didn't do much good. All the bills were turned over to collection agencies and re-sold again and again. The anesthesiologists are particularly tough. Credit score took a big hit. All I've got is a letter saying my appeal was granted. Lawyer says they will look into it, but not much there either. I was in hopes I could get some settlement and negotiate with the collection agencies but community care says no.

Edited by McRay

As far as your credit score hit, you have a right to put a letter with your report as to why you are in dispute of said bill.  

A grant from BVA sounds like very good evidence that you should not have to pay this bill, to me!!!!

Of course, the good news could well be that you were unable to borrow money on stuff you may have regretted buying anyway.  That happened to me.  

I wanted to buy stuff, was denied credit, and then, later, I was real glad I was denied.  

Now my credit is good.  After a while those old bills tend to go away.  Most states, they go completely off after 7 years, but often credit bureaus dont give a lot of weight to 5 or 6 year old debts anyway.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use