Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES C&P Examiner Rant and Defensive Actions During My Examine

Rate this question

GulfWarVet1990

Question

Good evening, one thing have a I learned throughout my years of C & P exams is to not to argue with the examiner. 

However, no one ever told me how to handle an argumentative examiner. 

First off, C & P Exam is for a 20 year NOD that was never adjudicated. (you might have seen my previous post)

About 7 conditions all related to Gulf War and Environmental Hazard Exposure.

Gulf War included - Chronic Fatigue and Joint Pains. 

I had a C & P exam today with a VES contracted Provider for what I thought would be an examination for all the conditions that were not adjudicated. 

I called Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) in advanced and  inquired which conditions were on the schedule, of which they listed all that were not adjudicated. 

So during the exam the doctorr did not ask me about CFS or GF issues, so I asked him if they were on the list, and if he will be examining or asking questions re: aforementioned.

OMG - he ranted on and on about he did not need to examine me for these conditions because I did not have a diagnosis.  And why he did not need to examine me for the conditions. I have no idea what he said after that because I totally shut down.

He never answered my question although i asked him twice if CFS was on the list of conditions for examination. I left the appointment more stressed than when I arrived. 

He also spent a lot of time explaining himself about how many Veterans he has examined, how many years he has been a contractor with VA, how poorly kept other examination offices were, etc. All unnecessary and irrelevant. 

He also asked me questions that were not relevant to my exam such as "if my family lived in the area, am I from the area, and how do I feel about the war in Ukraine". Totally not professional. He also gave unsolicited stories  about some of his patients, and their conditions, I guess to let me know he was familiar with VA examinations. 

I've never come across someone as unprofessional as he in a long time.  

Can anyone tell me where I can report this "provider" for his unprofessional behavior?

Thank you. 

Edited by GulfWarVet1990
typo

2 hours ago, Vync said:

Of course, now it hits the mail in record time and you have to wait a month or longer to get the C&P exam notes. The service organizations no longer get 48 hours to review for error and kick back issues for further review. Additionally, nobody at the VA call center can even talk with you about your claim until you have a physical copy in your hands.

At the present time, I do not have a lawyer nor a VSO. I have been fighting the VA on my own for the past 10 (ten) years. About 2 (two) months after I had my LHI C & P exam, the RO sent me a copy of the examiner’s medical opinion and rationale, so I know it was positive and the examiner also listed the earlier diagnosis in her opinion, directly on the DBQ with the dates and I can’t figure out why the RO ignored her opinion after they are the ones that sent me to get a new opinion. Let’s keep in mind that prior to any decision going/mail out to a veteran, a supervisor or coach has to review the decision and they either refused to look at the evidence or just plainly ignore it.

This claim is based on 38 CFR 3.156, the RO couldn’t have read my evidence because it is clear that they reopened my claim because they are the ones that sent me to a new C & P exam. The evidence was not new but it is/was material and pertinent because it proves that I was being treated by the VAMC for the exact same symptoms a long, long time ago. Also, way back a long, long time ago I did file a claim and the RO failed then.