Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI tomorrow

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well I have my C&P tomorrow at LHI about my Meniere's claim. Should be an adventure. Going to a place that doesn't specialize in anything close to what I'm being examined for. All the new rating and nightmares I hear from everyone. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to a company that has another office 20 mins from me. I almost just quit the claim and left well enough alone but I think thats what they want. I hope I get a person that listens and reads all my doctors notes. I'll check ebenefits later today to see if I get denied before i even have my examine like last time lol. 

4 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

They don't always have providers that can just do that- not every medical person in the VAMC can just do C&P exams. We check directly with the VAMC- if they have Exam X blocked out for scheduling it doesn't matter how much you think you should be able to go there. They won't do it. That's their domain. You can't just walk in and demand a C&P

See this is the problem right here.

So the VA hospital doesn't have nurse practitioner.

Last I heard from the rater choir is that np are able to do comp exams.

Now they are send them to special doctors lol.

Last were did any veteran on this thread ask or stated anything about a walk-in comp exam.

Just stop you let the cat out the bag already.

The VA isn't to be send ever claim and appeal to these private contractor.

The rater are to look and see how far the VA medical hospital is away before they send it to private contractor.

But for whatever reason now rater feel they control the process and it is give them delays room.

My opinion

So from what I am understanding is that the VA do not have nurse practitioner's? Kinda hard to believe? We check directly with the VAMC to see if they could provide services. Who is we? How did we check? A phone call tells you want to here just to get you off of the phone, did any supervisor's or higher go in person and check?

Why are we hiring medical staff at the VAMC if they can't do a DBQ?  Why are we paying outside resources big money to do one and still get denied. 

I must have fell of that tomato truck. Make me smart.

Your VAMC. Yet you read on here every day that some are much better than others, and some have better funding and staffing levels. They aren't all the same, and until Americans decide to assume the actual cost of their stupidity in other countries by not only happily paying for the boom, but also what comes after, it will stay that way.

The budget wasnt even passed untill March- 6 months late. That wasnt the president's fault- Congress controls that. That means that during a Congressional resolution of the prior budget no new expenditures can be made. So, only critical infrastructure and staff. 

The contractors got involved because everyone wanted VA to "do something" about the claims backlog, and then senators got ahold of it. So they did.  It happened because of cost, and an  aging and growing veteran population, and Congressional people looking for an easy photo op. 

As for the VA doctors and mass firings- why would you? Their human resources decisions are theirs to make. And you don't hear about retirements either. Why assume it's firings? It's because of attrition, no one is filling the positions because no one is applying. Look at USAjobs sometime. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

All of my c&p exams that I actually had done at a VAMC that were unfavorable needs to be thrown out being that VAMC don't do DBQ,s anymore. 

Just lawyer up, let VA deny, appeal it and get that big retro. 

8 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

We have to check with every claim before we schedule exams whether the VAMC is doing X type of exam before scheduling to a contractor

So I think like I said here is the problem rater aren't doing there jobs again.

Because I don't think veterans would be been ask to travel hr away.

Next it the VA hospital might not have staffing.

It sound like this is were it all starts the rater are using these exam to delay processing claims.

I don't understand why you keep try to put the blame on ever other part of the VA.

It the rater job to order contactor comp exams if there is a VA hospital near the veteran.

That was what the contractor exam were made for.

Not to send ever claim and appeal

The VA gets nothing but a bad reputation for taking longer on claims.  The date of claim is the base for retro pay not when it is completed.  That doesn't make sense that they want it to take longer.