Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

COLA INCREASE 2023

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Way too early but we can dream.

Social Security Will Pay Out More Money Next Year. Here Is How Much You Could Get

Based on recent data on the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, a bellwether for changes in prices for goods and services, "It is likely we're going to have a COLA closer to 8% than 3.8%," Social Security Administration chief actuary Stephen Goss said during a briefing last week, CNBC reported.

Social Security Will Pay Out More Money Next Year. Here Is How Much You Could Get - CNET

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

I can not speak for San Antonio, but in Dallas, when a home gets listed with a realtor (in a reasonable price range, such as under 400k or so), there are multiple, multiple offers "many of which are above the asked price".  (Demand for affordable housing is very high in Dallas).  This assumes this is a desirable property.  

If this is also true in San Antonio, it would "make sense" to buy the second home, and only when you get an accepted purchase on the San Antonio home, would you list your home for sale.  

In other words, its a crazy market and easy to sell your home, but tough to buy another.  So, buy first, then sell your home later.  

It wasnt this way in the past.  You were taking a big chance buying a home, then try to sell yours, because in the past, picky buyers offered lower (sometimes much lower) than your asked price.  

But, nowadays, in most markets, buy first, sell yours later is the smart way.  Often you will get more for your home than you expect.  

It sounds like, however, you are "on top of this" and already have good advice.  

Housing is so bad right now, home builders are cancelling contracts with buyers so they can sell the house for much higher than the original contract with the buyers. For example, you sign a contract with a builder to build a house for $200,000. During the process of the build, the market value of that house goes up to $300,000. The builder may have something written into the contract to let them out for almost any reason so they cancel the contract and list the house for $300,000.  

On 6/15/2022 at 10:07 AM, deedub75 said:

they cancel the contract and list the house for $300,000.  

i have seen this in the news. when you consider depending on location a sheet of plywood can cost $100 its any wonder anyone is building house.

I am not a lawyer so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.