Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lumber Secondary Condition to thorasic.

Rate this question

USMCVMO

Question

Hello fellow Vets!   I am currently at 70% rating total.  Last updated in 2020. 

T10-T12 – Disc herniation – 20%

Lower left radiculopathy – 20%

Right lower extremity – 20%

Depressive disorder (secondary to back pain) – 30%

I have some questions.  I continue to get worse back pain and its becoming increasing more difficult to sit for any period of time to do my day job. I also have developed lumbar disc problems now.   I had once read that spinal issues can be connected. 

1.  Would it be worthwhile to submit a claim for the lumbar as secondary?   Any advice on how to be successful?
  2.  Any advice on if my current rated conditions could be increased to 100.  What would the VA look for to make such a increase for those conditions. 
Edited by USMCVMO
typo

You are right @ vync. Unfortunately, I was brain washed not to be a sick call ranger or chairborne ranger. Not to much in my medical file. I just shut my mouth and did self treatment. Now it's being used against me because of no complaints during military service. 

Well, I have sacrificed my life to protect and serve, have multiple combats under my belt since of the age of 18, but there is no military connection. I am not mad at VA, just mad in general as to what I have done for my country. Now what is my country doing for me. 

36 minutes ago, Whodat said:

You are right @ vync. Unfortunately, I was brain washed not to be a sick call ranger or chairborne ranger. Not to much in my medical file. I just shut my mouth and did self treatment. Now it's being used against me because of no complaints during military service. 

Well, I have sacrificed my life to protect and serve, have multiple combats under my belt since of the age of 18, but there is no military connection. I am not mad at VA, just mad in general as to what I have done for my country. Now what is my country doing for me. 

Same here.  800mg Motrin, change your socks, hydrate, and keep motoring on. 

My neck and back got denied due to no treatment after service.  Not true, but I didn't keep records of the treatment and they get destroyed after a period of time.  That doesn't help when you file a claim 20 years after you got out.  But hey, I got TBI and PTSD approved without any treatment 20 years after.  Go figure.

Our job was to protect and serve. For our warriors, that's what we did. Some warriors have lost their lives by doing so. 

Now on the other hand, we have these sickcall chairborne rangers. Really can't go into the sandbox or trenches. Get put on light duty so that they can read, interpret and fight regs, not the enemy. They have won by getting a rating. Maybe only did 4 years active. 

But for the most of us, gave all. Did not have time to read or study regs. We read and studied the battlefield. After our obligations was over, now we are fighting a battle just to get serviced connected. 

It is about the money. Most of us have served a long time. People say that they hire vets, but lifers are in pain. Need time off. Employers don't want to accept that. The military had beaten our bodies up, how can we afford our expenses if we can't work?

But the ones that get better treatments are the sick call rangers. Lifers have to go through a long process called appeals. By the time the appeal is over, we have pretty much lost everything. Some even their lives waiting for an appeal to get granted. 

35 minutes ago, El Train said:

Same here.  800mg Motrin, change your socks, hydrate, and keep motoring on. 

My neck and back got denied due to no treatment after service.  Not true, but I didn't keep records of the treatment and they get destroyed after a period of time.  That doesn't help when you file a claim 20 years after you got out.  But hey, I got TBI and PTSD approved without any treatment 20 years after.  Go figure.

I have served for 20 plus years. I complained directly after. And have treatments directly afterwards. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 6/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, Whodat said:

I have served for 20 plus years. I complained directly after. And have treatments directly afterwards. 

Which Caluza element(s) did they deny you on? In service event/injury, current diagnosis, or nexus?

Do not need to know the specifics unless you wish to share. Just curious. 

I was denied due to Nexus. One examiner stated that my cervical and spinal condition is due to aging process. Also said that I waited until 7 years after military to start complaining. Not true.