Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU question

Rate this question

capitan

Question

I have a TDIU claim active. 11 months ago I received a VA letter saying part of the claim is deferred. Then another letter saying they are working on my claim. I don't think they got the memo Leave No Man Behind. Does anybody know how long I will have to wait? Or if there is anyway to check and see what gives?  I am 77 with some medical issues. USMC combat Vietnam vet.

Edited by capitan

11 minutes ago, john999 said:

I use the "Inspire" system. The docs do an implant in your throat and chest.  It does a pretty good job for those who can't stand the C-pap.  I have Central OSA if you know what I mean.  I stop breathing at night and oxygen level crashes.  

exactly one im looking at!

you havent had any issues with it? how long you had? did the VA pay for it? 

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had it for five years.  No issues so far.  My medicare and insurance paid for it, but VA does them.  I don't know if all VA's do it. There are done by ENT guys. It usually involves a couple of procedures.  It is an overnight procedure and you go home the next day.  My ribcage was sore for a while.  I was the first done in Tampa where I live.  You got to convince the VA that you cannot tolerate the mask.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Captain

Did you have to quit work because of your service connected issues.  What is your rating?  I see you are 77.  The VA is probably going to try and say age is why you can't work, but that is not a legal denial.  If you are unemployable solely because of your service connected issues then you qualify for TDIU.  It helps to have at least a 60% rating. I had a 70% rating for one issue when I got it.  How about your agent orange stuff?  Have you taken the AO exam at the VA?

I know the VA can illegally claim age is why I can't work. I knew that when I made my claim with 70%. 50% SC PTSD, 30% SC Cancer residuals (persistant daytime hypersomnolence) (AO caused and established). I have other issues, cancer (in remission), hypothyroidism, hypertension, possible OSA, I'm assuming they will look at in their decision.  I purposely listed only my serviced connected conditions as causing my unemployability, knowing they should only look at that for TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, you should be able to get TDIU.  Do you have an opinion that says you are unemployable due to only your SC conditions?