Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU question

Rate this question

capitan

Question

I have a TDIU claim active. 11 months ago I received a VA letter saying part of the claim is deferred. Then another letter saying they are working on my claim. I don't think they got the memo Leave No Man Behind. Does anybody know how long I will have to wait? Or if there is anyway to check and see what gives?  I am 77 with some medical issues. USMC combat Vietnam vet.

Edited by capitan

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are counting on "reasonableness" that is usually a mistake with the VA. When I got TDIU 20 years ago I had two opinions about my being  unemployable.  The VA tried their very best to find a loophole to use against me. I had SSDI and disability retirement from USPS and the VA still disputed my claim that I was unemployable.  If you are denied then appeal and get an IMO that specifically states you are unemployable solely due to SC conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

Alrighty then!  The Lord did not write VA regulations.  I think Satan must have written them to drive vets crazy.  I had many a pitchfork stuck in my ass dealing with the VA.  Good luck and best wishes!

Trying to squeeze something in before this website closes. I hope it does not have to close, but if it does I hope someone will pick up the ball and run. The subject of vets helping vets is just too important. Yesterday I got an email from my VSO. He said the VA has granted me 100% TDIU P&T. I know a little about what that means, but not everything. Maybe somebody can clue me in. All I know is it's good news, but I'm not sure why. Semper Fi and Happy Thanksgiving Brothers and Sisters.

3 minutes ago, capitan said:

Trying to squeeze something in before this website closes. I hope it does not have to close, but if it does I hope someone will pick up the ball and run. The subject of vets helping vets is just too important. Yesterday I got an email from my VSO. He said the VA has granted me 100% TDIU P&T. I know a little about what that means, but not everything. Maybe somebody can clue me in. All I know is it's good news, but I'm not sure why. Semper Fi and Happy Thanksgiving Brothers and Sisters.

You not only get paid at the 100% rate, but you also get additional benefits and state property tax exemptions. Check with your state. 

Additional benefits: 21-8760 (va.gov)

Good news this site might continue. More good news, VA granted 100% TDIU P&T with backpay. Would trade it all to have my health back.  Money was deposited in my account, but I am still looking for a letter, right? It should say what they granted it for. I have a feeling they shortchanged me on the backpay. But I'm glad to have more income, and dental eligibility. The VA still needs a lot of work. This took way too long. Semper Fi