VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Disability Claim Waiting Time Poll

Rate this question

Tbird

Social Security Disability Claim Waiting Time Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Social Security how after application to your first decision letter?

• 0 - 6 months
    • 6 mos - 1 year
    • 1 - 2 years
    • 3 - 4 years
    • 4 - 5 years
    • 5 years and above
    • Still Waiting

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

a lot of people think the SSA denies all the claims and then like the VA approve people after they file appeals, in reality it comes down to the book do YOUR medical disabilities meet the guidelines to be approved or do you have a lot of multiple issues that when combined make you unemployable, or given that psychiatric disgnosis are a subjective determination they want their own shrinks to evaluate how severe it is....there are a lot of considerations into SSD awards severity of illness/condition, age, level of education what are your chances of getting better some people go on the 3 year review plan and others who are not expected to get better or improve get the 7 year plan

me I am on the 7 year plan due to the severity of my heart disease, works for me between the cardiovascular problems, COPD, 3 herniated disks, and PTSD rated 100% I doubt I ever will or want to go back to work lol I am just trying to enjoy my retirement to the best of my ability, my goal was not to be in a power chair yelling at a TV for entertainment in my old age rofl

I am also on 5 to 7 years. My goal is also to enjoy my retirement. To take care of my family and spend time with my 2 daughters and 1 son. I spent very little time with them when i was active with the Army.