Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Waitingtoolongdave

Question

Hello everyone! After 7 long years, I was finally granted service connection on May 13th of this year for a lumbar injury and sciatic nerve paralysis. After calling the VA hotline a few times, I've been told my issues are in the "decision phase."

However, a 3rd issue was remanded. I have a c&p exam scheduled for the remanded issue on October 31st. 

My question is: Will they issue a rating and award for the 2 issues already granted or will they wait for the remanded issue to be adjudicated before I see a rating and award?

This Fast Letter is getting harder to find so I posted it here several years ago. Here is what it says, but the VA is still playing their games and holding veterans benefits especially if the appeals have intertwined remands that must be developed and reconsidered. So, in some cases they still make veterans wait. 

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

This Fast Letter is getting harder to find so I posted it here several years ago. Here is what it says, but the VA is still playing their games and holding veterans benefits especially if the appeals have intertwined remands that must be developed and reconsidered. So, in some cases they still make veterans wait. 

Thanks! 

Just make sure you check that FAST letters are still applicable and not rescinded (like this one is). I didn’t research it any further, I didn’t have time today- just be aware that there is a lot of old information that floats around on the internet about VA stuff, that is cited as gospel, that no longer applies the same way or at all. 

33 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Just make sure you check that FAST letters are still applicable and not rescinded (like this one is)

Question when did they rescinded it because I when through the same thing.

But once I did a writ after 6 months these process it.

Because I thought this was always the process 

Im sure its hard for employees to keep up, but even worse for Veterans.  When we do a fast letter search, sometimes it will say its been rescinded.  But not always.  

Most of us dont have time to not only read THAT fast letter, but all the others to see if its been rescinded also.  

You just pointed out a flaw.  My guess is that, for example, new employees dont necessairly know whe a fast letter was rescinded either, for example.  

Rescinding this fast letter, however, is disturbing.  Very disturbing.  You see, I was "on the cusp of being homeless" waiting on VA benefits, and I got a partial grant.  So, VA's actions speak louder than their words.  The Va has all these programs to help homeless, so why not just pay em right away, so, at least those where money is the reason they are homeless, can keep their home?  So this makes me question VA's sincerity of helping homeless Veterans.  

Is this too hard to understand that, for many Veterans, the only thing preventing them from getting homeless is the vA check and delaying that increases the chance of homelessness?  

I held out for more than a year...without income..before losing my home.  Many people are one or two paychecks away from homelessness.  So, just a month or two of delays, can mean the difference between having your home and homelessness.  Yes, I fault VA for delay of my benefits causing my loss of home.  I applied in 2002.  I did not see a penny until 2006.  4 years.  And, Im not unusual.  Its too long.  Way too long.  Of course, my claim was denied by the VARO with a current diagnosis, in service event, and nexus.  3.5 years and an appeal to the BVA, and 2 more RO decisions later, I got partial benefits.  It was too little too late.  Im not the only one, this has ever happened to.  

Most of the homeless Vets "are not" on this forum.  Why?  Well, most shopping carts found under the bridge do not have wifi and a working computer.  

OTHER Vets, sadly, take their own lives in this hopeless situation.  About 22 Vets per day.  Is money to keep your home the only reason for Vet suicide?  Of course not.  But its a big one.  If you have a home, can invite friends and family over, well that helps depression or PTSD more than going to a VA hospital a half hour and listen to a therapist, then go back to the shopping cart under the bridge.