Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune water question

Rate this question

capitan

Question

I meet the criteria for compensation from Camp Lejeune. I was there over 30 days. I fall between the required dates. I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. I have spoken with several lawyers, and had others try to get me to sign their preliminary questionnaire. So far I am looking for convincing evidence that my cancer is linked to Camp Lejeune. I understand there is a time limit, and I am also looking for an attorney to go with, since it takes 6 months before I know if I'm eligible to file a suit. And I would like to find an attorney who takes less than 40%, but maybe that's what they all get. Any thoughts?

Capitan, no, I can still work, albeit it with a reasonable accommodation. The TDUI route may be some, but currently not me.

Getting back on target, I'm just asking if there has been a law office, non-ambulance chasing type (1 each), step forward for vets on this.

In an earlier post, I said I didn't think the VA was involved in the Camp Lejeune suit.. I take that back. Now I don't know. I heard they could look at the benefits you already receive, and possibly offset any Camp Lejeune award from that. Getting at the truth can be a hard thing. Also, I continue to get ads and calls to go with different law firms. I will eventually make a decision, but probably not before I hear from the VA on my pending TDIU claim. I don't want to do anything to possibly slow that down from what's already been too long.