Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune water question

Rate this question

capitan

Question

I meet the criteria for compensation from Camp Lejeune. I was there over 30 days. I fall between the required dates. I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. I have spoken with several lawyers, and had others try to get me to sign their preliminary questionnaire. So far I am looking for convincing evidence that my cancer is linked to Camp Lejeune. I understand there is a time limit, and I am also looking for an attorney to go with, since it takes 6 months before I know if I'm eligible to file a suit. And I would like to find an attorney who takes less than 40%, but maybe that's what they all get. Any thoughts?

Here in the 757, I have seen a local lawyer (Don Macari) that had a number to call for guidance. I have no doubt, there will be more mayhem and confusion with this since you can't double-dip, and provide more excuses to punt things down the line.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, SgtKidJoe said:

Here in the 757, I have seen a local lawyer (Don Macari) that had a number to call for guidance. I have no doubt, there will be more mayhem and confusion with this since you can't double-dip, and provide more excuses to punt things down the line.

YOU ARE IN VIRGINIA- YOU DONT NEED A LAWYER- YET

Virginia is a great state with a great VSO resource. use it!!!! its free and they provide free lawyers for representation at the vba if needed...i used them and got to 100% with their help. 

https://www.dvs.virginia.gov/benefits

before you hire a lawyer at least go talk to them. good luck bud!

sorry my mistake also- lawyer is probably necessary. i am not that familiar with these types of issues- im only a gulf war vet from 03-09 service years....sorry for mis-info...but if you are in Virginia and you need VSO- use Virginia's vso program! TOP NOTCH SERIOUSLY!!!!

I am not eligible, nor am I involved but if I was, I would call the 1800 827 1000 number to inquire as to if I needed a lawyer or if I could use a VSO in a Camp Lejeune case.

Edited by jamescripps2
spelling