Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I can't access my ebenefits account because of Norton

Rate this question

Chris41

Question

I have Norton installed on my computer. Norton has a password feature that keeps all your passwords. When I try access ebenefits, I can't because I could only use passwords stored. But I didn't store my store Ebenefits. Now I can't use Ebenefits on my computer. Any and all help would be appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris41 Welcome to Hadit. Best bet would be to contact their help desk and see what you need to do. You can get the number by calling 800-827-1000. They should be able to get you to someone to help.

Just request a new PW. Creating it will be an issue since it has to have several elements. I just let google generate one, then I copy and paste it somewhere in a file on my computer of running passwords. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Yes, you have to do a password reset, which, you have to do about every six months or thereabouts, anyway.  

If you LIKE Norton, then "save" your password, after reset, in their password manager.  (Im not a Norton fan).  

Its not Norton's fault, however, that you did not save the password there.  Presumably, this software asks you if you want to save a password.  (password update).  

Passwords are a problem..ongoing.  "Everyone", including homeless people when you buy them a Bic Mac, want a password.  (lol)

My solution on my Mac (apple laptop) is to use Apple to store passwords.  Why Apple?

The FBI was trying to crack an apple password on an apple device.  Apple refuse to give the FBI the password.  The FBI sued apple.  Apple won.  

Apple is the largest company in the world, and if anyone has the resouces to stop hackers, it would be apple.  

Of course, Apple devices get hacked, too.  Mostly, that is because the user did not update the software regurarly.  It can be user carelessness, too.  For example, one person stored their apple password on a sticky note attached to their iphone.  Who ever stole or found the phone, then would have access.  

• Community Owner
On 9/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, broncovet said:

Yes, you have to do a password reset, which, you have to do about every six months or thereabouts, anyway.  

If you LIKE Norton, then "save" your password, after reset, in their password manager.  (Im not a Norton fan).  

Its not Norton's fault, however, that you did not save the password there.  Presumably, this software asks you if you want to save a password.  (password update).  

Passwords are a problem..ongoing.  "Everyone", including homeless people when you buy them a Bic Mac, want a password.  (lol)

My solution on my Mac (apple laptop) is to use Apple to store passwords.  Why Apple?

The FBI was trying to crack an apple password on an apple device.  Apple refuse to give the FBI the password.  The FBI sued apple.  Apple won.  

Apple is the largest company in the world, and if anyone has the resouces to stop hackers, it would be apple.  

Of course, Apple devices get hacked, too.  Mostly, that is because the user did not update the software regurarly.  It can be user carelessness, too.  For example, one person stored their apple password on a sticky note attached to their iphone.  Who ever stole or found the phone, then would have access.  

I'm a retired IT person. I use Norton products from 1985 on. (Yes that was MS-DOS days) There is a way to delete the ebenefits profile and it will ask you if you want to save it when you update the current one.  I use a product call Roboform it has a learning curve to it if you are not computer savvy.