Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Instead of developing evidence for the feet and ankles claims I recently filed (neuropathy, secondary to my service connected pes planus and arthritis), the VA now wants me to have a General Examination by QTC.

Makes no sense at all to me.

I'm not interested in having the VA open all my P&T disabilities to scrutiny because I filed these new secondary claims.

Anyone have some solid advice to offer?

That sounds 'off'. Gen meds are only done for post RAD within a year claimants, or IU because all contentions never too be treated asan "increase". Do you have a VSO? They can check the notes in your file and try to see what's up, or 1800 PEGGY. 

My advice is to do a complaint to Whitehouse hotline. It becomes apart of your record if you have a issues or have to appeal to cavc 

Upload a statement refuse the exam.

This might hold up the claim but they have to address the issue or denied it.

An with this no contact with bva or VA but the 1800.

Has end anyway if getting anything address at those levels now.

There is much you can do this is the new thing I am see a lot of post about  the VA using these contractor exams. To delay or just keep ordering the same exam over and over. To delay addressing the case.

It's like they have no oversights in them because I have never seen this so much.

Listen I apply for smc benfits they try to open all my disabled. Even try to get a reduction stating my condition had gotten better.

Got my record there were 3 different times they were told I am 25 year protected.

Good luck 

15 minutes ago, Mr cue said:

My advice is to do a complaint to Whitehouse hotline. It becomes apart of your record if you have a issues or have to appeal to cavc 

Upload a statement refuse the exam.

This might hold up the claim but they have to address the issue or denied it.

An with this no contact with bva or VA but the 1800.

Has end anyway if getting anything address at those levels now.

There is much you can do this is the new thing I am see a lot of post about  the VA using these contractor exams. To delay or just keep ordering the same exam over and over. To delay addressing the case.

It's like they have no oversights in them because I have never seen this so much.

Listen I apply for smc benfits they try to open all my disabled. Even try to get a reduction stating my condition had gotten better.

Got my record there were 3 different times they were told I am 25 year protected.

Good luck 

That's because a request for SMC is a request for increase based on all SC contentions of record. I've posted the regs for this before. 

Since you have been adjudicated and rated for P & T SMC it would be very hard for the VA to try to reduce your current rating and a general examination by the QTC is not going to do much but help your claim(s) either get an increase or keep your rating where it is now. 

Even if the VA would try to reduce your current rating, as long as your disabilities has not shown marked improvement the VA can go suck eggs because they cannot reduce your ratings.

I do not understand why P & T veterans fear new C & P exams, I have been rated P & T for well over a decade and a half and had multiple C & P exams after my rating and the VA has never brought up my current rating, In Fact I filed for two separate EEDs, one was for a recent remand and one was for a new EED due to new and pertinent evidence while reviewing my remand records and the BVA recently granted one of my EED claim and the other is pending waiting for the BVA judge to make a decision.

In all this mess, the VA sent me to two separate new/recent LHI C & P exams and both examiners wrote very favorable medical opinions. The VA ignored their own examiner’s opinion, but the BVA already granted one and the other is pending.

48 minutes ago, 63Charlie said:

Instead of developing evidence for the feet and ankles claims I recently filed

Keep in mind that anytime a veteran file new claims, the VA can request a medical opinion to determine the severity of the condition/disability. Refusing to go to an exam could result in a quick denial and then you have to go through the appeal process.