Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CHAMP VA

Rate this question

SBU-12-RM

Question

Hello there, 

I have been a member of Hadit for years and I can honestly say without this site my journey to finally getting my 100% p&t would have been much longer and more difficult.

Last week when I logged in to check the status of my claim I literally got tears in my eyes...100% p&t, I knew what that meant for my family, what that meant for our future and I am soo thankful and humbled by this recent rating. 

Now being in the world of 100% I have so many questions like:

• My family gets CHAMPVA so does this mean they can go to any Dr that accepts CHAMPVA?
  • Can I do the same thing? I currently have insurance provided thru work but does that mean I keep that, drop that and just use CHAMPVA?
  • I can now go on base but how do I set that up? Can I bring my family on base also?
  • Looks like I can fly Space A along with my dependents, how do I start that process?
  • Lastly, I have a BS can I use Chapter 35 to go on and get my MA?

Thanks for any feedback, 

So very thankful, 

RR

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 minute ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I thought you could not get SSDI and still be working?

You are correct

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

2 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

I thought you could not get SSDI and still be working?

After I graduated and received my degree, I was awarded 100% P & T and planned on going back to work but finally realized that I could get a job but there was no way I could keep that job until retirement, so I finally decided to file for SSDI. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

You can but the limits are strict

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

As stated, how long could the veteran really work? If the veteran could physically and mentally handle the work is one thing but if the veteran was having difficulties, it could present a problem or cause more damage.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are getting SSDI and TDIU I would be very careful about any work that involves an IRS 1099 or a W-2.  VA is notorious for just dropping the hammer and letting you appeal for a couple of years while you starve.  I so wanted to continue some kind of little business, but I knew it would be a danger to me.  I physically could not do it which just frustrated me no end.  I had a good job and I hated to have to retire on disability.  Sometimes you must face the awful facts.  I don't understand people who want to retire at 50 and sit on their asses for 30 years. Now because I am so disabled I do sit on my ass, but I am 72 with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.  With VA or SSDI I would not tempt fate!  The love to make examples of people who they accuse of fraud.