VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If you are having problems with the VA ordering unnecessary

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Title: VBA Could Improve the Accuracy and Completeness of Medical Opinion Requests for Veterans’ Disability Benefits Claims
Report Number: 22-00404-207 Download
Issue Date: 9/7/2022
City/State:  
VA Office: Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA)
Report Author: Office of Audits and Evaluations
Report Type: Review
Release Type: Unrestricted
Summary:

For veterans seeking disability compensation benefits, the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) requires a disability exam to determine the severity of a disability or a medical opinion on whether a current condition can be connected to military service. VBA has committed an estimated total of $6.8 billion in contracts to complete disability examinations and medical opinions over a five-year period starting in 2016. Because medical opinion requests can be vital to ensuring veterans receive the benefits to which they are entitled, the VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) examined whether VBA staff correctly followed procedures when requesting medical opinions.

The review team found that VBA can reduce inadequate medical opinions, incorrect or delayed claims decisions, and wasted resources by improving internal controls, personnel training, and monitoring of medical opinion requests. The team estimated that 27,900 of 41,100 requests (68 percent) did not follow required procedures during the review period (October 1, 2020–September 30, 2021). Claims processors did not consistently identify relevant medical evidence for the examiner’s review, did not always use clear and accurate language, did not regularly request all warranted medical opinions, and sometimes requested unnecessary medical opinions. These failings can lead to inaccurate medical opinions, incorrect decisions on veterans’ claims, delayed decisions for veterans, and inefficient use of resources (such as when the medical opinion requires rework).

VBA concurred with OIG-identified deficiencies and recommendations to (1) implement electronic system enhancements to require claims processors to identify relevant evidence before a medical opinion request can be submitted, (2) enhance mandated training for all claims processors and demonstrate progress in achieving its intended impact, and (3) strengthen monitoring by refining quality review processes to help identify areas for improvement and show advancements in complying with required procedures

Ok before I start my post this is not for veterans who have original claim from service.

This is for veterans with remand from cavc and bva.

Ok I have seen a lot of veterans upset over the VA ordering the same exam over and over. Prolonging the appeals.

There has been two oig reports about this.

An I tell veterans to complain to white house hotline. Told be one agent they have a lot of complaints about this.

So I am from the belief if you don't complaint nothing will change.

I believe uploading the oig report to bva and VA will let them no you understand how things should work.

All this becomes part of your record

you can use as evidence to the cavc court. If you have to go this far.

If they try it again with my new cavc remand. I will be sending the oig report to my congressmans and making a complaint.

An will personal write a letter to the veteran affairs committee about this.

Which gave out the contract.

Berta was good for things like this and I will follow her lead.

They gave a billion dollars contract to these ppl and it's not helping.

The contract was not to stop all comp exams at the VA hospital and order all veterans go to the contractors exams. 

Look it up.

It was to contract exams for veterans who live to far from the VA hospital. So they didn't have to travel.

Just like community care did they stop all services at VA hospital no.

Look up the rules they are to order the exam at the hospital they are to look at the distance. They are doing nothing.

I will be using this thread as info on how I fight the VA when they don't accept favorable evidence and comp exam shop my cavc remand for smc benefits.

First I apply for smc benefits 2018.

I have had 8 comp exams from 2018 to 2019.

They denied without addressing any of the exams 2019.

I Appeal to court court remand back to bva 2021.

Bva judge said my loss of use condition..improve and they need to order more exams.

Use a statement I made to my va doctor during a video appointment during covid.

Ask by doctor how I was feel today.

I feel Good today.

They use this to try an start a new fight and not address my favorable evidence. I refuse there exams.

First reason why.

I have a 25 year record with over 20 comp exams that are part of my record.

Not counting the 8 they order.

I have over 4 bva judges decisions which are part of my record.

I ask for a decision based on the record and refuse anymore exams. When the case was return from the cavc court to bva.

The bva judge response if veteran refuse the comp exams order a medical record exam.

Ok I go for this. Once they send  my record to contractors it  is all favorable.

Regional office we can't do a ace exam we need a in person Exam. I refuse exam again.

The VA Comp shop my cavc remand for 7 months wouldn't return my case back to the bva or denied it.

So refusing a exam didn't get my appeal denied.

I  had to withdraw the appeal for loss of use under smc benefits. Why.

Because they were hold all other smc benefits which the cavc remand why they try all this

Ever time they send it out for a exam it put a 30 day hold on the appeal or remand.

An I understood that once I appeal back to the cavc court they would.

Call it a Force withdrawal and send it back to bva.

Which happen. August 31 2022.