Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiculopothy

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Greetings vets,

Has anyone in the family have radiculopothy and have claimed it as secondary to a serviced connected shoulder condition?

I am working hard on secondary conditions and doing lots of research. I do understand the nexus part so I don't need to be educated on that topic. 

I do have radiculopothy and have been verified by an EEG. I am not sc'd for cervical or lumbar conditions but it on appeal. I am sc'd for shoulder condition at 20. I am considering asking for an increase for left shoulder, right shoulder secondary to left shoulder since now it's out of whack and diagnosed, radiculopothy secondary to left shoulder. I have researched and shoulder conditions can cause radiculopothy. 

Any ideas?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 hours ago, Whodat said:

Greetings vets,

Has anyone in the family have radiculopothy and have claimed it as secondary to a serviced connected shoulder condition?

I am working hard on secondary conditions and doing lots of research. I do understand the nexus part so I don't need to be educated on that topic. 

I do have radiculopothy and have been verified by an EEG. I am not sc'd for cervical or lumbar conditions but it on appeal. I am sc'd for shoulder condition at 20. I am considering asking for an increase for left shoulder, right shoulder secondary to left shoulder since now it's out of whack and diagnosed, radiculopothy secondary to left shoulder. I have researched and shoulder conditions can cause radiculopothy. 

Any ideas?

Although I haven't received my packet in the mail yet, the VA recently granted me radiculopathy secondary to lumbar spine in both lower extremities, I only applied for the left side. You are correct in that chronic shoulder pain is a contributing factor, treatment is key. So again, although mine is for the back I think you would have a strong case if you can produce a history of complaints and treatment. I didn't know what radiculopathy was until my physical therapist included it in my notes and they went with it. All the best wishes!

• HadIt.com Elder

Does PT do you any good?  How about the back injections?  My back is killing me and I go today to start PT.  I don't use the VA for this. I had a CT scan.  

46 minutes ago, MilvetHD said:

Although I haven't received my packet in the mail yet, the VA recently granted me radiculopathy secondary to lumbar spine in both lower extremities, I only applied for the left side. You are correct in that chronic shoulder pain is a contributing factor, treatment is key. So again, although mine is for the back I think you would have a strong case if you can produce a history of complaints and treatment. I didn't know what radiculopathy was until my physical therapist included it in my notes and they went with it. All the best wishes!

I do have a history of complaints for the tingling and pain. I have tried pt, no go, tried acupuncture, no-go. I do go to a chiropractor, it helps a little and only thing I get for pain in naproxen. 

I have an appointment coming up, I want to see if my doc can find a connection from my shoulder since that I am not sc for neck or back. 

19 minutes ago, john999 said:

Does PT do you any good?  How about the back injections?  My back is killing me and I go today to start PT.  I don't use the VA for this. I had a CT scan.  

PT may work for some but not all. Are you sc for your back and shoulders. Make sure that you upload your ct scan in myhealthevet. I also recommend you see your VA pct and see if you can get a new MRI. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not SC for the back and shoulders.  I was hurt on the job. I got some benefits for that through WC, but after I got TDIU, WC went away. There is nothing the VA can do for me that private doctors can't do.  I have good insurance.  Going out to my VAMC is an ordeal.  No parking, long walks in the heat to get anywhere, and dufus doctors.

6 hours ago, john999 said:

No PT was a joke. I received a community referral so it was at a private provider. I went for 4 weeks of a 8 week program, they weren't helping and or doing anything more than I could find on Youtube. It wasn't worth the gas for me and I have declined back injections.