VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA file marked sensitive

Rate this question

JB&JB

Question

3 answers to this question

Usually it just means that whatever is in them the phone person, or person looking, isn't cleared for it. It doesn't mean much, just that in the course of their daily job they don't need to be looking at them, so they can't. 

My file was marked "sensitive" for a while.  I was told it was because, many years ago, I worked part time, as a student, at the VA.  I never really ever considered myself "a VA employee", but, they had a program where college students could "work study".  And, I signed up and was assigned to the local VAMC.  

I think you can also be marked "sensitive" if you have been diagnosed with certain mental health disorders.  

MANY people with mental health disorders choose that this information is not made public.  I get that.  

Most people dont want to have a tshirt which reads:

I have a mental health disorder.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@JB&JBDid you ever serve in sensitive or classified operations and end up receiving treatment? There are some vets who have and can't even get copies of their own service and/or treatment records because the circumstances have not yet been declassified.