VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does time of injury matter for VA Claim?

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

Does time of injury matter?  Basically I was looking over my medical record and remembered I went to medical while in boot camp twice for lower back pain sustained in training along with shin splints.  After a couple of treatments I just let it go so I could move on with training and really never went back.  I've had back and shin issues over the years and basically treated it myself, but at this point it is even worth wasting my time with a VA claim?  I'm assuming I don't have much evidence other than it being noted in my medical record while in boot camp.  I wish I had see this years ago, but I was just trying to get though boot and move on.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good advice from everyone. I had a few instances like that. Back then, they kept denying because the in-service diagnosis failed to say "chronic".

19 hours ago, Stayfocus said:

You can look into a cue or 38 CFR 3.156(c)

Indeed I could and probably win.  But like I said, I have nothing to gain from it since I am 100% P&T with smc-s.  I get free treatment for it through the VA (Chiro, massage, acupuncture).  It is not a life threating issue thankfully.  Honestly, I think they substituted my 40% Fibromyalgia claim in lieu. That is more than I would've got for neck and back claim I'm sure.

1 hour ago, blahsaysme2u said:

if you are 100% you get free care anyways right, SC or not...

Wow it has been so long, but I think that once a veteran is rated 50% or above the VAMC will treat just about any and all concerns the veteran has.

Priority group 1

We may assign you to priority group 1 if any of these descriptions are true:

• You have a service-connected disability that we’ve rated as 50% or more disablingor
  • You have a service-connected disability that we’ve concluded makes you unable to work (also called unemployable), or
  • You received the Medal of Honor (MOH)

VA Priority Groups | Veterans Affairs