Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA search prior decisions website

Rate this question

jamescripps2

Question

Has anyone noticed that, for some reason, the BVA search prior decisions website is no longer available. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the BVA was obligated, under the law to, to post prior decisions within so many days after a decision was rendered. I know that not so long ago the site could not be accessed and after many complaints it was reinstated. 

The BVA search prior decisions site is a very useful tool in researching strategy to support your claim. 

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

They had something that worked reasonably well until they screwed it up. Looks like they are at it again...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

This site along with the BVA Matrix site has changed for the worst, on this site it is hard to see when a decision was actually decided until you open it and read it, they older site was a lot easier. The BVA Matrix site shows even less than what its older site showed but the BVA can now go back and tell congress “ look how we changed our sites for the better and we spent millions of dollars and we still need more next year to help us (The VA) to better help the veterans even though all the millions of dollars we spent leaves veterans even more confused but hey, we did spend all the money you allotted us (The VA) on these worthless Web Sites.”

The day that the BVA posted its new Decision Time Frame it was already out dated because many of us (Veterans) were already past the 400 days, well beyond the year and the 356 to 365 days of completion and all we get is a generic email or phone call from the VA stating that our appeals are at the BVA waiting to be sent to a judge for review and by law the BVA has to process appeals as first in first out or they have to consider special hardship appeals. Blah, blah, blah. All of us are in a sinking hole/pit of the BVA will get to us when they will get to us and maybe we will get our decisions and our retro pay by 2026.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Thanks Dough, It used to be at www.index.va.gov but that site has been unavailable to us for awhile. They must have changed the URL when they changed the format. The new format is not near as user friendly, I don't like it.

Go to www.bva.va.gov

Scroll down to the middle of the page until you see a box that says other resource. In the other resource,you will see search decisions. 

You can do a search there by year, name, etc.