Stayfocus

Stayfocus

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

17 answers to this question

That doesn't make any sense at all. Too long. Is it a single or multiple appeals? If it's a single one which really shouldn't matter, seems like BVA try to knock that out very quickly, however if it's multiple, they probably take their sweet little time.

sorry man! this is so hard watching fellow vets wait so long for help

39 minutes ago, Whodat said:

Is it a single or multiple appeals?

Nope it really doesn't matter. There is no rhyme or reason why VA/BVA do what they do. My appeal is for a single condition an EED. Already have a favorable medical opinion that points to VAMC medical records that my original award missed, and the VARO completely ignored it and the BVA is taking their sweet time.

54 minutes ago, Whodat said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. Too long. Is it a single or multiple appeals? If it's a single one which really shouldn't matter, seems like BVA try to knock that out very quickly, however if it's multiple, they probably take their sweet little time.

It’s for an earlier effective date 

Just now, Stayfocus said:

It’s for an earlier effective date 

I’m in direct review lane 

My ? Is when is it time to file a writ to get info on why there is no movement.

After a yr I would be doing a writ. There is no way I could wait 1065 day my mental would get to me.

At the least it might get the case pick up from where it is.

15 hours ago, spirit_grt said:

1056 days waiting to be assigned to a judge.  appeal with evidence.   

WOW, totally disgusting you've had to wait that long. 

21 hours ago, spirit_grt said:

1056 days waiting to be assigned to a judge.  appeal with evidence.   

Are you in the evidence or hearing lane?

Waiting a year at the BVA probably does not justify a Writ, most of them take at least that long, "if this is your only reason for filing a writ" (delays).  

I recall reading about a Vet who did so, and the attorney responded to the writ "While its unfortunate for this Veteran these delays", the VA has a backlog..blah, blah blah, and given the backlog, a year delay is inconsistent with an unreasonable delay...(paraphrasing).  He asked the judge to dismiss, so the VA can get back to work completing claims and not waste judicial resources on delays that can not be helped. 

In other words, given there are around 28 million Veterans, "every Veteran" can not be given an "advance on the docket".  

Edited by broncovet (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Stayfocus said:

Are you in the evidence or hearing lane?

evidence.  lane 2 I think it is.  didn't ask for a hearing.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Waiting a year at the BVA probably does not justify a Writ, most of them take at least that long, "if this is your only reason for filing a writ" (delays).  

I recall reading about a Vet who did so, and the attorney responded to the writ "While its unfortunate for this Veteran these delays", the VA has a backlog..blah, blah blah, and given the backlog, a year delay is inconsistent with an unreasonable delay...(paraphrasing).  He asked the judge to dismiss, so the VA can get back to work completing claims and not waste judicial resources on delays that can not be helped. 

In other words, given there are around 28 million Veterans, "every Veteran" can not be given an "advance on the docket".  

Going on 3 years and not assigned to a judge yet.  If a writ would help, my attorney would of done it already.  Yes, I do trust him to do what is best for me.  Would not of hired him if I didn't.  I don't know how/why others after me have already been assigned a judge, some already have a ruling, but I know I'm not the only one waiting a long time.  The wait is hard, but for now I wait.  Come next year I may start pushing attorney to try something, anything, to get action.  

56 minutes ago, spirit_grt said:

Going on 3 years and not assigned to a judge yet.  If a writ would help, my attorney would of done it already.  Yes, I do trust him to do what is best for me.  Would not of hired him if I didn't.  I don't know how/why others after me have already been assigned a judge, some already have a ruling, but I know I'm not the only one waiting a long time.  The wait is hard, but for now I wait.  Come next year I may start pushing attorney to try something, anything, to get action.  

Are you in Legaacy?

1 hour ago, Stayfocus said:

Are you in Legaacy?Every appeal is different. What’s good for one is different for another.

We all have to make tough decisions based upon what we timeframe we are willing to accept.

HLR was closed today....guess what- they are requesting another C&P exam...ANOTHER ONE.... 
but just wanted to let you know i filed and had decision in less than 30 days....filed oct 24th. got decision yesterday, letter mailed and i got it today.