• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

i just want to re-iterate that discord has voice and video chat functions for free that have no time limits...

i posted this on the REDDIT page that was created:

no one using REDDIT i see? this seems to me a much better option...using this along side Discord- free to use- no overhead and much better tools already at your disposal(ie chat functions, direct msges, break out rooms, even video chat options) shame only 4 people have even looked here and 1 is the guy that created it....no one has been to the discord other than the creator of this REDDIT and one other guy from Hadit.... just a shame-
old dogs new tricks i suppose

i appreciate the want to keep this webpage but in 2022/23 hosting a page like this is not cost effective- giving free without needing contribution from its members constantly or advertising funds...and that takes away from the experience. millennial and gen z vets know REDDIT and discord...they use it for other services and programs....heck even moving the Podcast to something more friendly like YouTube would get so much traction(shocker but you dont have to show your face but this could help a lot with getting attention and traffic to whatever site used- YouTube is one of the largest resources for getting information)
these are all just ideas but i just want to show that we dont have to keep doing what we have always done- what hadit has been has helped so many veterans- but maybe its time to try something new and embrace newer ways to connect with veterans- i am in at least 4 veterans Facebook groups that have over 50k vets in them each- thats just one example- and its free...

as it was said before- there were some notable points made even if i dont agree with everything that was said in that "blog"(more like a childs temper tantrum and rant)... @Tbird has done amazing things for us all, and has built this community to what it is now and is deserving of retirement and rest- lets take what she built and build on it, not keep it the same just for the sake of nostalgia

• Founder
7 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

i just want to re-iterate that discord has voice and video chat functions for free that have no time limits...

i appreciate the want to keep this webpage but in 2022/23 hosting a page like this is not cost effective- giving free without needing contribution from its members constantly or advertising funds...and that takes away from the experience. millennial and gen z vets know REDDIT and discord...they use it for other services and programs....heck even moving the Podcast to something more friendly like YouTube would get so much traction(shocker but you dont have to show your face but this could help a lot with getting attention and traffic to whatever site used- YouTube is one of the largest resources for getting information)
these are all just ideas but i just want to show that we dont have to keep doing what we have always done- what hadit has been has helped so many veterans- but maybe its time to try something new and embrace newer ways to connect with veterans- i am in at least 4 veterans Facebook groups that have over 50k vets in them each- thats just one example- and its free...

as it was said before- there were some notable points made even if i dont agree with everything that was said in that "blog"(more like a childs temper tantrum and rant)... @Tbird has done amazing things for us all, and has built this community to what it is now and is deserving of retirement and rest- lets take what she built and build on it, not keep it the same just for the sake of nostalgia

@blahsaysme2uYou are right there are many ways to do this. This option worked for me, excellent tech support, and more importantly excellent security, Come to the meeting on Saturday get your two cents in. Stay tuned for more information.

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Notice I edited the Zoom meetings.  I am not familiar yet with the scheduling and got every 8 weeks instead of every week for 8 weeks. 

Did not notice when I first posted util I looked the meeting bar to see if Tbird had corrected it.  I learned how to cancel a scheduled meeting today and then reschedule properly.  Sorry about the mistake.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

I wanted to use Zoom because of their commercial commitment.  Corporations would not use it if it were not safe.  I could also have used MS teams for free.  Since we are already under attack, I did not want to increase the open door.  The waiting room option lets us admit only those who are members and have not been removed as members. I will turn hosting over to Tbird so she can do the admissions from the member list.

• Founder

I'm in the waiting room for the meeting. Lemuel has not arrived to open it and let us in yet.

Tbird

T bird I tried logging on to the meeting but zoom states it doesn't exist  did  something change

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: