Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another c&p exam

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Hello again brothers and sisters.

I had just received my notice for my c&p exam and thanks to Hadit, I have done my research.

Now what I have found out and the info that's on the detailed letter, the fnp only shows the state that the fnp was licensed in, not the state where I live and where the FNP is conducting the exam. Is that legal?

I thought that you have to be licensed in the state where you practice.

Thanks. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

39 minutes ago, john999 said:

I don't think it is possible to get actual 100% unless you have 100% for a single condition.  Good luck with your claim.

John it is possible, but it is not going to be easy. I was rated 90% for two years but the VARO deferred some of my claims and it took them two years to complete before they finally awarded me 100% schedular. This was not an appeal it was just the fact that I had multiple claims going on at the same time and they kept doing multiple ratings until they finally got to my last rating of Fibromyalgia which was rated as 40% which caused my combined rating to be 95 and they rounded up to 100% schedular P & T. Because I filed some many claims at one time, I had to go to many C & P exams and for whatever reason, the VA could not schedule them close together or more than one a day. At that time, I could not travel on my own and I needed VA transportation to pick me up and bring me home to and from each appointment and or exam. The VA finally gave in and granted me 100% schedular with P & T and I have been rated that way for close to two decades.  

Typically, a veteran rated at 90% would need an additional 40%-50% rating to get to the magic number of 95 for the VA to round up to 100% schedular.

• HadIt.com Elder

But you never actually get to 100%.  It has to be rounded up.  I got 100% when I had 90% like you.  I had an extra 80% but I never got to actual 100% because it is impossible the way VA math goes.  You can get 100% rounded up like you and me, but the VA keeps dividing the amount between 90% and 100% until the numbers become infinite.  This is how figure it. Not that it matters but it is strange how they do it.  I was TDIU for about twenty years before I got the 100%.  Now I could work but not able and being 72 years old who cares?  You get to a certain percentage and it does not pay to try and rehab yourself.  It is a trap that hurts the disabled.