VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependent Payment

Rate this question

erax

Question

This is a two part question. I'm 100% P-n-T

First I lived with my parents for 4 years when I was critally sick and bed-ridden. Is there compensation for them during that time period.

next my daughter starts college next Fall semester.If she lives with me while attenting college is there any extra compensation beside the living allowance. Also,what all does the chapter 35 pay for. I HEARD THAT THEY DONT PAY FOR classes, BOOKS ect....

USMC

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have no travel expense-

Chap 35 does not pay travel expense-not stipend-only a refund comparable to tuition.

95-99% of their students are active military or going there on GI bill-

I was only second civilian they ever had -they have more civs now I think- - it is unfortunate- but you can see no Chap 35 info at all there-

I might be only Chap 35 in the whole place too-

The VA liason counselor (Theresa)can possibly answer some of your question via the site-

or at any approved VA college site-

as to the Chap 35 tuition refund policy.

Plenty of GI bill stuff though.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder
I have no travel expense-

Chap 35 does not pay travel expense-not stipend-only a refund comparable to tuition.

95-99% of their students are active military or going there on GI bill-

I was only second civilian they ever had -they have more civs now I think- - it is unfortunate- but you can see no Chap 35 info at all there-

I might be only Chap 35 in the whole place too-

The VA liason counselor (Theresa)can possibly answer some of your question via the site-

or at any approved VA college site-

as to the Chap 35 tuition refund policy.

Plenty of GI bill stuff though.

I've tried to be polite and curtious. You stated basically that the VA only pays a "refund comparable to tuition." That info is wrong. Maybe "stipend" is the wrong term. If a student attends full-time, which I believe is 12 or more credit hours, per semester, they receive $860 a month, while successfully attending school, according to the VA's website. 3 credit hrs is not full-time, according to the VA's schedule. I'm only trying to get the correct information posted. Anyone who needs the correct info should either check the VA's website or call the VA.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Are you a Chap 35 student?

I am only reporting my 3 years plus of personal and well documented Chap 35 experience with VA and AMU-

I have copy of all the checks and their statement as tohow they figured the amount.

I suggest you do this:

"Anyone who needs the correct info should either check the VA's website or call the VA."

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder
Are you a Chap 35 student?

I am only reporting my 3 years plus of personal and well documented Chap 35 experience with VA and AMU-

I have copy of all the checks and their statement as tohow they figured the amount.

I suggest you do this:

"Anyone who needs the correct info should either check the VA's website or call the VA."

No, I'm not a Chapter 35 student. I understand that you are basing this on your experience, however your experience appears to be that of a less than half-time, online, student and not a full-time student and the pay schedule/terms are different.

pr

I am considered a full time student at AMU-

The VA does not consider me full time-

those rates ARE for full time students-they break it down to a daily rate-

"Never mind Berta. I checked AMU online and $750 is a 3 credit hour course, which is why you probably only received reimbursement for tuition and fees. jmo"

Only?- that is all they pay for-I dont expect any more than that-the VA web site clearly states that-

** "Tuition and Fees ONLY. Payment cannot exceed the listed amount"

I am considered a full time student at AMU-

The VA does not consider me full time-

those rates ARE for full time students-they break it down to a daily rate-

"Never mind Berta. I checked AMU online and $750 is a 3 credit hour course, which is why you probably only received reimbursement for tuition and fees. jmo"

Only?- that is all they pay for-I dont expect any more than that-the VA web site clearly states that-

** "Tuition and Fees ONLY. Payment cannot exceed the listed amount"