VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It took awhile but now am 100% P&T

Rate this topic

myrah

Just wanted to thank all that have provided me with tidbits of information from 2007 through January 2023.  Some of that info came from direct input but most was gleaned by lurking.  My journey has been slow and painful but in the end it resulted well.  I managed my claim myself with occasional support from different VSOs; don't believe that I would have been successful without the knowledge that came from hadit.com

I still have multiple issues pending to include an appeal that's about # 2000 on the docket.  Will continue to push these eggs up the hill just not as quickly as before.

Good luck to all that are still pursuing their claim with the VA and thanks again to everyone associated with running and managing this site.

myrah

• HadIt.com Elder

When is sinks in that you are officially totally and permanently disabled it is something to consider.  You might think to yourself "Am I really the person described by my disability statue?"  When you are not working and never going to work again you can become invisible in this culture. I felt that for many years after P&T.  I still feel it to some extent.  However, at least we won't starve.

Congratulations!  Dont forget your state benefits...my state has greatly reduced property taxes for disabled Vets.  My taxes went form about $1400 per year to $75 per year last year.  That's better than $100 per month savings.  

Congrats myrah.  It is a long war with the VA but when the victories do come in the end they put a smile on your face and you have one less worry on your plate. If feels good. I recently won myself on the P&T and that is one of the things I feel.  Take care and well fought.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use