VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Sample Letters

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Good morning,

I posted this a long time ago and will do it again. My local VSO sent these to me to as a sample for my doctors when it comes to writing letters for a nexus (link) letter from an event in service to a current a diagnosis. I've noticed several posts about this thing and thought it might be helpful to a few veterans.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

NEXUS SAMPLE.PDF NEXUS SAMPLE #2.pdf

You are welcome.  It sounds like you had valid reasons for not including the date the disability began.  However, this is a "sample" for other Vets to use, so Vets  should be advised its a good idea for the doctor to include the "date symptoms first began" in his nexus letter, to help future Vets.  

i have been trying to get for Agent Orange for years.

now under the pact act i may have a good chance.

in 2020 i had Fournier's gangrene.i am getting ready to file a new claim under the pact act as the ship i was on stopped at both Guam and Johnson atoll twice.

Do i file for the Fournier gangrene as secondary to diabetes mellitus,

Diabetes is a known cause of Fournier's Gangrene. Have you been prescribed the medication Jordiance for your Diabetes and/or heart disease? 

There had been only ninteen cases of Fournier;s Gangrene in thirty five years until they introduced Jardiance. Then the number of cases just exploded. That is what happened to me.

Fournier's is some really nasty stuff to have to deal with!

On 3/26/2023 at 2:12 PM, augoldminer said:

i have been trying to get for Agent Orange for years.

now under the pact act i may have a good chance.

in 2020 i had Fournier's gangrene.i am getting ready to file a new claim under the pact act as the ship i was on stopped at both Guam and Johnson atoll twice.

Do i file for the Fournier gangrene as secondary to diabetes mellitus,

and the medications thereof.

• HadIt.com Elder

Where did the gangrene start on your body?  I assume it was your feet.  That is what killed my mother.  

Ok John, long read, but here is the skinny on the Fournier's Gangrene and Agent Orange exposure that occured on a daily basis from 1967-1969, and probably more than you care to know, and more than I have ever admitted except to the US Government who took the position against me, along with the DOD and the DVA that " Mr. Cripps! We have never ever used agent orange inside the Continental United States, PERIOD!

Well, now they can never again make that statement!

I was a 95 Brovo, MP Game warden and a Deputy Sheriff of Augusta and Richmond County Georgia. The reason for my being appointed as a Deputy Sheriff was to get around the Posse Comitatus act of 1878. The Posse Comitatus act, which removed the military from regular civil law enforcement was enacted in responce to the abuses resulting from the extensive use of the Army in civil law enforcement during the Civil War and the reconstruction period. I, as a Game Warden, needed the authority to search, seize, and pursue Civillians, and to carry my weapon off post and outside of the military instillation.

I, in 1967, was given orders to work in conjunction with the Fort Gordon Forestry Division, Fish and Wildlife, and Plant Sciences, who were down from from Fort Detrick Maryland. We were involved in testing what is now known as the rainbow herbicides. We were trying to find the optium mixture of the consentrate agent orange, soluble in diesel fuel, and the same with agents blue and white which are soluble in water.

Orange is a broad leaf herbicide and kills jungle, whereas blue and white kill crops. We added Piclorium in the mixture in order to enabling the herbicide to remain liquid long enough to drip from the canopy above and make it to the ground before it became an aerasol. We also needed to know what the optimum spray nozzle setting was to be and how wide a swath to make using the Bell G-2 helicopter.

Lastly I had to make all test left over herbicides disappear. I accomplished that task by hand spraying to use it up. I was deployed to Germany to work with the NATO forces before I could use all of the toxic herbicides up. My stash of herbicides were found in the early eightys by the Fort Gordon Forester when he cut my lock off of the building where they had remained stashed for more than a decade.

The location of my stash, along with my four gallon brass pump sprayer became a toxic clean up site and the sworn, written statement by the Forester that he had verified that it was indeed my stash, was presented as overwhelming evidence to the Judge at my BVA hearing in November 2009, enabling me to be granted medical care and compensation for my disabilities by the US Department of Veteran's Affairs for the rest of my life.

In December, 2019, My VA Cardiologist, whom I trust and trusted back then, prescribed the drug JARDIANCE (as seen advertized on TV). Immediately I started getting puss pockets in my groin area, and bleeding from the same area. I complained to Dermatology several times and went to the emergency room on several occasions to no avail. They did exams and prescribed about 500 antiboitics over a year and a half.

On July 1, 2020, I drove myself to the VA ER. Don't remember the drive at all and don't have a memory of seeing anyone at the VA, but I made it home with another bottle of antiobotics.

In the medicine cabine at Home, I had four strong oxycodone pills left over from a dental sergical procedure that was preformed years earlier. I couldn't stand the pain any longer. I took three consecutive oxycodone pills that knocked me out, three hours each. 

On July 3rd I woke up from the self induced coma and realized that if I took the fourth opiate, then I would be out of pain killers and I asked my wife to drive me back to the VA ER. 

We arrived at the ER, which is about thirty miles. I remember my wife saying that she was going to let me out at the door and go park the car. I remember reaching for the ER door handle and that was it, lights out for me right there.

Five hours later my son arrived to comfort my wife. Neither was not allowed in the hospital because of the covid restrictions, and demanded to speak to my ER doctor. I was not to see anybody that I knew for the next thirty days.

The Doctor agreed to talk to my son and told him that they were assessing the situation to see if they were just going to make me comfortable and let me go, or if it was even feasieble, they would try surgery. They only had fifteen minutes to decide while at the same time trying to get a surgical team together, othereise, there would be no use, as I was being quickly consumed and eaten alive by the Fournier's Gangrene.

The surgeons decided that the surgery was a go. I was given a four percent chance to make it through the surgery, and if I did manage to survive I was given twelve percent to make it another 90 days.

They cut forty one pounds of dead flesh from my body that night. I went from 235 lbs to 194 lbs on the operating table and then down to 180 lbs before going home. I was reconstructed from my knees to just above my navel. Multiple skin grafts and extensive plastic surgery was involved. And yep, I lost the family jewls and such, got a colostomy bag too.

The colostomy was scheduled to be reversed in one year, but had to be postponed because my defective pacemaker / defibrillator wires broke, sprung through my chest wall, got infected, had to be relocated from my left chest to my right chest where everything was replaced. I received my fifth device and I was given seven more years of battery life. I am pacemaker dependent as my heart is unable to beat on its own and anything in there that might cause a heart beat has been zapped, burned and destroyed with a laser.

I was transported back to home by the VA thirty days later, July 31st. with a hospital bed, 150 opiates and was encouraged to order an many opiates as I wanted.

I was sent home to die. I may have taken five of those opiates and I just sucked it up and decided to live. Almost three years later and I am just now beginning to live my new normal.

Along Interstate 24, going through Nashville, there is a static mounted road tractor (a big red truck) way up in the air on a pole. The caption on the sign below says "GET YOURSELF A NEW PETERBUILT". Ouch, take my word for it! You don't want to do that. Get yourself a Mack, a GMC, a Ford, but never a new Peterbuilt.

The photo below is an actual picture taken of me, in the operating room, on the operating table mid operation. You can see that someone has my bladder in their hand squeezing to empty it of its stream of urine. The unidentified object is a gloved littie finger of the person doing the squeezing.

I actually did some horse trading with the plastic surgeon in order to obtain that picture.

The words agent orange make me cringe! Beware of Jordiance. Check your medication list and see if you are taking it.  Do your DD and research on the drug.

InkedER pic_LI.jpg

Edited by jamescripps2