VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

OSA secondary to PTSD Granted 50% via HLR - I am now 100% P & T

Rate this topic

• Community Owner

If you go to VA.gov and check your claim status on the last tab I there should be a link to download your decision letter.

Late on the Congratulations but still happy for you. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, El Train said:

I had to cut a check to my attorneys for an EED.  It might be different for winning claims straight up.

There's no way you should pay the atty directly!!!  VA approved atty's get payment directly thru the VA.  An acquaintance won his claim and did it.  His atty even dressed up like a painter, to avoid camera ID and went to the bank with him to get the cash.  I believe that atty was later disbarred for his practices.  I had been using him but fired him when I realized what he was doing.  This was back in the '90's.

• Founder

Sorry I'm late on the congrats. Happy to hear your claim was granted and hope it will make your life a bit easier and more secure.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/3/2023 at 10:59 AM, El Train said:

I had to cut a check to my attorneys for an EED.  It might be different for winning claims straight up.

Mine was deducted from my awards twice.  I received notification that each attorney had applied for direct payment.  My guess is El Train's attorney did not apply for the direct payment by the VA from the proceeds.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use