Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Ready Reserve Activation consideration in Disability Claim

Rate this question

IndySam

Question

Hi, 😀

This is my first post, USMC 2002-2006 3521 OIF 2006. I had a question and wasn't really sure where to find the answer. I am applying for a disability claim, PTSD in service in Iraq, anxiety, and depression,.... I am filing by myself, my VSO ghosted me for several months and I moved on. I have done the C&P for all my mental health claims a couple of weeks ago and my claim is in the review stage. 

My question is, in November of 2008 a whole bunch of us 3521s were called back or activated I am not sure while in IRR (2006-2010).  I was fedex'd orders, given a plain ticket to Kansas City, and we stayed in a hotel with some kind of military personnel and Navy doctors reviewing us. I told them I was suicidal when I got there when I saw a Navy doctor in a hotel room and showed him my VA records with mental stuff. He asked how I was going to kill myself and I said I would jump off the hotel roof. So about an hour later the military people gave me a plane ticket and sent me on my way. With no referral to the VA, Dr, or anything. The Navy department that Doctor was in and the IRR command mailed me a letter that I was not physically qualified for active duty. Will the VA claim reviewer look at this, or will there even be a record of it, since it was in IRR?

Thanks so much

Sam

Just to clarify- VSO's are not on staff, VBA or VHA. They get paid by their respective organizations. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner

"I think there is a regulation somewhere, that VSO's are only supposed to return no more than about 5% of the messages left to them by Veterans."  To funny broncovet. I thing it goes the same way for attorneys. There should be a way to deduct for the % of what they get for non response.