Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Ready Reserve Activation consideration in Disability Claim

Rate this question

IndySam

Question

Hi, 😀

This is my first post, USMC 2002-2006 3521 OIF 2006. I had a question and wasn't really sure where to find the answer. I am applying for a disability claim, PTSD in service in Iraq, anxiety, and depression,.... I am filing by myself, my VSO ghosted me for several months and I moved on. I have done the C&P for all my mental health claims a couple of weeks ago and my claim is in the review stage. 

My question is, in November of 2008 a whole bunch of us 3521s were called back or activated I am not sure while in IRR (2006-2010).  I was fedex'd orders, given a plain ticket to Kansas City, and we stayed in a hotel with some kind of military personnel and Navy doctors reviewing us. I told them I was suicidal when I got there when I saw a Navy doctor in a hotel room and showed him my VA records with mental stuff. He asked how I was going to kill myself and I said I would jump off the hotel roof. So about an hour later the military people gave me a plane ticket and sent me on my way. With no referral to the VA, Dr, or anything. The Navy department that Doctor was in and the IRR command mailed me a letter that I was not physically qualified for active duty. Will the VA claim reviewer look at this, or will there even be a record of it, since it was in IRR?

Thanks so much

Sam

• Community Owner

"I think there is a regulation somewhere, that VSO's are only supposed to return no more than about 5% of the messages left to them by Veterans."  To funny broncovet. I thing it goes the same way for attorneys. There should be a way to deduct for the % of what they get for non response.