Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New rating?

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

Greetings hadit family finally received my new rating on tbi that was a Bva remand and service connected on January of this year. Since service connection I had to attend 3 c&p exams in regards to the tbi, which were the following tbi, ptsd, and headaches. Today I received my new rating decision which they combined my tbi with ptsd but this didn’t change my overall percentage(70%). No increase on the ptsd and just 10% for the tbi.

In my rating decision it only talks about the tbi and ptsd exams with no mention of the headache exam. The headache exam was for residuals of the tbi, which was the last exam I did but no new rating in the decision letter in regards to that c&p exam. My question is how come I didn’t get a new rating for my headaches? Which is currently at 0%. Why send a veteran to a c&p exam if you’re not going to rate him? Thanks for your time and replies as any insights are appreciated as I figure out my appeal approach.

Edited by Bluntly

I really appreciate your reply and insight as I believe SMC S also should be my rating. I just got off the phone with the 1800# and was informed that the headaches are still open and I’ll get another decision in the mail in the near future. I was just confused on how this wasn’t rated altogether but now I’ll wait for those results before I move forward. Thanks again for your time

Edited by Bluntly

Did you get a separate decision letter for the migraines? Even though you went to a C&P for it, that doesn't mean an auto increase.  Could even get decreased in some cases.  You could contest the migraine rating if they didn't take evidence into consideration.  Taking medication for it should get you at least 10%, for example.

10% for TBI means you did pretty good in all categories of testing.  They will rate you on the category you did the worst in.  I did poorly in one testing category (probably memory, since I don't remember).  I got 70% for TBI. They combined it with my PTSD in which I scored 100% since it was higher.  I got 10% for migraines.  I was taking medication for them.  It should be higher, but I'm maxed out at 100% P&T, SMC-S.

Edited by El Train
mis-spelling

0 % is a reting in SC at least not to be a smartass took me 8 years so they can see the history of treatment for my headaches and went from 0 to 50% but cant go higher because im 100% for my TBI. Never stop fighting for more with your TBI they don’t get better as much as they wsnt them too. They sent me to 2 tbi exams and 2 ptsd exams in one year one after the other just to lunp them together at 100%… )

(70 tbi 100 ptsd) equals 100% one rating 

Edited by jfrei

7 hours ago, jfrei said:

They sent me to 2 tbi exams and 2 ptsd exams in one year one after the other just to lunp them together at 100%… )

(70 tbi 100 ptsd) equals 100% one rating 

Same here, same rating.  Got me SMC-S though.

Same and thats when I learned what SMC was lll and After 2 years at zero I filled for an increase and my migraines went t0 50% based on my VA treatment records I submitted in with the increase

Edited by jfrei

I was also rated individually separated from the tbi Dizziness and lightheadedness from the times I blacked out randomly..