Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect If Getting A Large Award

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hello,

I was wondering what to expect if I were to get a large award. I remember reading somewhere that if the amount was over $25,000, then there had to be an extra signature or 2 or something else time consuming. Does anyone know the specifics?

thanks,

Tamara :lol:

Edited by tdak

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If someone is using handicap to park in handicap place I hope that they are the right person. However my position is I don't care to explain to anyone why I am handicapped cause why should I.

Even though I have handicap I rarely use it cause my dogs usually go with me so I park far away so people don't bother them.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
tdak,

Something else a vet with a large retro (or any SC'd disability) can expect ....

Is to hear some nay sayers, perhaps even family members or what you consider

to be a good friend, complaining behind your back -- that the money isn't deserved,

and you'r taking the gov. for a ride.

My suggestion is always... you don't have to waste your time and emotion defending your position.

That was already done during the adjudication process.

jmho,

carlie

You'll also have relatives and "supposed friends" wanting a loan orfor you to give them money. They think you're the bank and get p*ssed when you won't. jmo

pr

From my own experience,

some busybody will tell the whole known world that you flim-flammed the government outa a million bucks.

Whatever you get from the VA, you earned it, and more.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• HadIt.com Elder

" Adding a veteran's dependents to an award has nothing to do with the RVSR and the rating decision. The dependents are normally processed when the claim goes to the Post-Determination Team so the decision can be promuligated. The RVSR doesn't look at ho wmany dependents a veteran has, it makes no difference to them when they are deciding a claim."

Many times the VSR in the Post-Determination Team can't add the dependents to an award if the rating is over 30% because the veteran didn't send the VA the required documentation, such as birth certificates ect... This happens more often than one thinks. Many times when a veteran files their 526, they'll fill out section C and list their dependents, but forget to send in the supporting documentation. Then the veteran thinks VA is somehow stalling on paying the additional payments because they "claimed" their dependents already. When in fact they didn't submit the needed documents.

Vike you are correct as usual. The Dependant form should be filled out and sent in with the claim.

If a Vet applies on line there is a section for dependants and the VA should act off of that information but too often they dont.

If Retro takes longer than 30 days to hit the bank, then someone is either out or sitting on it.

I had mine within 3 weeks of decision. Then I had to file for the dependants and 2 weeks later, I received the extra money.

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.