Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will QTC tell VA my Medical Sleep Apnea Diagnosis with Medical Records

Rate this question

IndySam2

Question

Hi,

One of the issues in my first claim filed Feb 23, is sleep apnea. I have a pretty good relationship (email) with my congressman's office and have finally got C&P exams scheduled for my last ~5 claim things.

QTC called me to schedule a phone interview to talk about my sleep apnea. The lady on the phone said since I already have a diagnosis and a CPAP I can email her my medical record and she will cancel my phone appointment.

I did email her my reocrds. What will happen at the VA now, will QTC tell them I already have a sleep apnea diagnosis?

Thanks!!

Sam

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It sounds like they are going to do a record review, and ultimately, whatever they find will go to VA. They still have to write up an opinion for the exam, or provide a good reason why they canceled it. They can't just call you up and say "ok, okay..." and cancel the exam. VA would likely already know you have OSA (unless its private) so the purpose of the exam wasn't to ascertain a Dx but to opine on the severity and etiology (why) you have OSA. 

You need to be "proactive" with your claim and your records.  

In order to get "real time" access to your records, you have to do that through a VSO (with VBS access) or another representative.  Currently, VA does not allow us to access our full cfile online, it is only available to VSO's or attorney advocates with your POA.  

Thus, to know for sure, you could hire a VSO (no cost) and ask to see your records.  

To ensure your records make it to your file, consider printing them and go to your local VAMC "release of records" and ask them to add those records.  

Another way, is to mail them to Janesville (VA).  

Again, however, we can never be sure that the VA "got" the email, and it was processed and added to your file, so best is to follow up, by viewing your  VBMS file, as explained above.  

I cant tell you how many claims have been denied related to missing evidence, but I can tell you there is a special regulation that deals with missing evidence lost, then found:  38 CFR 3.156.  

By thoroughly following up with this, as described, you may save yourself a denial, thinking the evidence was there when it was not.  

We can not tell you if QTC or others did their job and recorded your evidence correctly.  This is why it behooves you to follow up to make sure.  

Missing evidence can add years to your claim.  

Edited by broncovet

24 minutes ago, broncovet said:

You need to be "proactive" with your claim and your records.  

In order to get "real time" access to your records, you have to do that through a VSO (with VBS access) or another representative.  Currently, VA does not allow us to access our full cfile online, it is only available to VSO's or attorney advocates with your POA.  

Thus, to know for sure, you could hire a VSO (no cost) and ask to see your records.  

To ensure your records make it to your file, consider printing them and go to your local VAMC "release of records" and ask them to add those records.  

Another way, is to mail them to Janesville (VA).  

Again, however, we can never be sure that the VA "got" the email, and it was processed and added to your file, so best is to follow up, by viewing your  VBMS file, as explained above.  

I cant tell you how many claims have been denied related to missing evidence, but I can tell you there is a special regulation that deals with missing evidence lost, then found:  38 CFR 3.156.  

By thoroughly following up with this, as described, you may save yourself a denial, thinking the evidence was there when it was not.  

We can not tell you if QTC or others did their job and recorded your evidence correctly.  This is why it behooves you to follow up to make sure.  

Missing evidence can add years to your claim.  

Ok, thanks. I did upload it to the VA claims site (they are private records) yesterday also. I will see about getting a VSO or some way to check it is in the VA's hands. 😀

Yes follow thru on her advice about the medical records and send copies only and also copies of same records to the VARO with your claim.  Do not assume the VARO will acknowledge they already have access to those records as sometimes they are dishonest in their adjudication of vet claims.

Since 1985 I have successfully won many claims and BVA appeals myself by being proactive and sending extra copies of important medical and other evidence to the VARO and examiners. 

I also use certified return receipt mail for the important stuff as it gives me that warm good feeling.  I can afford it thanks to VA.

Sometimes they return my copies marked as duplicates and I know for sure they received them.  Works for me for over 30 years and I don't care about any extra workload for the well paid union Fed workers.  They can kis

My advice/opinion is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dustoff1970 said:

Yes follow thru on her advice about the medical records and send copies only and also copies of same records to the VARO with your claim.  Do not assume the VARO will acknowledge they already have access to those records as sometimes they are dishonest in their adjudication of vet claims.

Since 1985 I have successfully won many claims and BVA appeals myself by being proactive and sending extra copies of important medical and other evidence to the VARO and examiners. 

I also use certified return receipt mail for the important stuff as it gives me that warm good feeling.  I can afford it thanks to VA.

Sometimes they return my copies marked as duplicates and I know for sure they received them.  Works for me for over 30 years and I don't care about any extra workload for the well paid union Fed workers.  They can kis

My advice/opinion is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

That extra work you're proud of X's several 1000 = BF because it takes twice as long to go through everything meaning we aren't working on someone else's claim. 

That is too bad.  I won my claims/appeals and I am crying a river of teers for you well paid paperwork desk  dudes.

It is a dog eats dog USA and no one has ever sacrificed for me bud.combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970