Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will QTC tell VA my Medical Sleep Apnea Diagnosis with Medical Records

Rate this question

IndySam2

Question

Hi,

One of the issues in my first claim filed Feb 23, is sleep apnea. I have a pretty good relationship (email) with my congressman's office and have finally got C&P exams scheduled for my last ~5 claim things.

QTC called me to schedule a phone interview to talk about my sleep apnea. The lady on the phone said since I already have a diagnosis and a CPAP I can email her my medical record and she will cancel my phone appointment.

I did email her my reocrds. What will happen at the VA now, will QTC tell them I already have a sleep apnea diagnosis?

Thanks!!

Sam

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Yes and I have helped many vets on this and other forums get theirs due to my sharing my 30 plus years of experience dealing with the "VA".

There is a reason present and former VSOs, VA raters and DRO pukes dislike me because I tell others how they can win claims and appeals without the aid of often backstabbing VSOs and biased VA C&P examiners.  combinedPerkinswithBWDustoffevacuationofwounded.jpg.ba3013e177e07d9dbc15928d7c0dcdfa.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970

Rattler
This post was recognized by Rattler!

IndySam2 was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

On 8/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

It sounds like they are going to do a record review, and ultimately, whatever they find will go to VA. They still have to write up an opinion for the exam, or provide a good reason why they canceled it. They can't just call you up and say "ok, okay..." and cancel the exam. VA would likely already know you have OSA (unless its private) so the purpose of the exam wasn't to ascertain a Dx but to opine on the severity and etiology (why) you have OSA. 

Yes, you are correct. QTC called me to say they are doing a record review.

They called me up and canceled my first appointment, then scheduled another phone appointment in case the record reviewer has questions.  😀