john999

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After my experience with ChampVA I have to wonder about them. I am not going to terminate my BC/BS and that is for sure even though I have medicare. I was shocked that it is almost impossible to call and talk with anyone at ChampVa if you have a problem. I can talk to a human being at BC/BS in a few minutes and find out everything that has happened yet for some reason I have a 45 minute wait at ChampVA. This to me smacks of a program that is trying to discourage people from using the service. I would not give up my private insurance if I could help it if it good. I understand that ChampVA is supposed to be a good secondary for medicare but you must find a provider that will accept ChampVA unless you want to file the claims yourself.

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA and Medicare works like a dream/ After a 50 dollar co-pay everything my wife does costs us nothing. Last year Champva paid out 4000 for meds and procedures..

If the VA would offer me ChampVA I would rake it and move on from VA care completely.

I have Medicare and Secure Horizons which has worked well for me. Its a Medicare HMO but limited to some big cities in Texas and California I think.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I was at the Buffalo Hospital at the VSC and they indicated that ChampVA is only for dependents and that means you cant use it for secondary IMOs outside the VA and it only goes until they hit full retirement age of 65. Once your eligible for Medicad or Retirement. It affects ChampVA anyone hear anything to validate this/?

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Guest jangrin

I believe that since the hospitals have to take anyone who comes through thier doors for treatment (insured or not) that they too would take ChampVA whether they like it or not.

Most insurance companies maintain a provider list, even Medicare where a person can find who takes the specific insurance. Does ChampVA have a provider list (maybe on-line)?

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA is actually pretty good insurance and pays on par like Medicare which they all take. As Rich mentioned it lasts for life. In my opinion ChampVA plus Medicare is the Cadillac of Insurance. Its prescription coverage allows the insured to choose generic or brand and does not have a formulary.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.