Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

Being that ChampVA is the secondary insurance for my wife that is the crux of the problem. ChampVA won't pay until BC/BS pays. Months go by with me calling the providers and BC/BS over and over to see if ChampVA claims have been sent it or not. I will email them and ask about the status. I called the automated line and they do not acknowledge the claims. I understand they are good as secondary payers for medicare but not for other insurance I can tell you.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

Sorry they will never pay till primary does.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

John

hate to see this going on, i guess we are lucky, so far we have not had a problem.

Go over their head to get it fixed....i think your congressman would be enough.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

JR

Fortunately we have good primary insurance but ChampVA has been a bust as a secondary. I took my stuff to the congress person and they just parroted back to me what ChampVA told them which was a lie. I had a good congressman but he retired and now I have to educate the new aides. They are so dumb they take what VA tells them as the truth. I had thought that if ChampVA coordinated well with my BC/BS my wife would have a tiny co-pay and deductible but that was a dream.

Is Medicare and Champva enough insurance coverage or do you think I need to keep paying to stay on wife`s policy from her job? We would like to use that money for something else.

Cavman

Is Medicare and Champva enough insurance coverage or do you think I need to keep paying to stay on wife`s policy from her job? We would like to use that money for something else.

Cavman

Cavman, this is a good question, I have been trying to get an answer to this myself but so far no such luck, right now we are on John's HMO policy from work and next Feb. he will be able to get medicare I am thinking that we will take a supplementry policy out for us then, just to be on the safe side. This year our insurance cost us 8 thousand and although it is worth it if anything should really happen I believe with John's VA and me having ChampVa a supplement would be sufficent along with medicare. I have plenty of time yet so if I find anything out differently I will for sure let the board now. Right now I am just applying for the ChampVA.

Question on applying for it, does anyone know if you send all the paper work from application to meds to one place and all of them together. or do I need to wait on the meds?

Question on filling out the OHI form. I have been trying to fill this out on line and then printing it but for some reason it says if it scolls it will not print does any one know how to get this printed out after you have it filled? I think printing is better than writting it in. I had my daughter-in-law do it at work and she to had problems getting it printed out.

Thanks

Dianne, JohnM's wife