VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase For Sc 1 Yr & Counting...........

Rate this question

marine0311

Question

Newby here with questions!

I am Service Connected for PTSD, among other things I asked for a increase March 2006. Had my C&P exam August 2006. Called 1-800 the other day and the Benefits Rep informed me, that my records just got to the Rating board, and Rating Supervisor has signed for my file. Took 6 months from Dallas to Waco - WTF Over ! They had a turtle hand deliver it!@!

Maybe I'll get lucky and hear good or bad news shortly! Can someone post exactly what the rating board does and usually how long they take.

Thanks!

Semper Fi

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

and.........the Rating Board can send you claim back and forth between themselves and the other folks, either at the RO in Waco (between the offices in the RO building) or back and forth between the RO in Waco and the VAMC in Dallas as many times as they feel it necessary to get things added to or corrected, either in your initial C-file, or in the C&P.

I am in the same area as you. I filed my initial claim in Oct. 2003. I got my C&P for this claim in FEBRUARY. Uh-huh, THIS February.

I made 4 trips between McKinney and Waco.........6 trips from McKinney to VAMC.....just to make sure that they RECEIVED material that I had sent to them......that and to visit with my Texas Veterans Commmission VSO, who has his office at the VAMC.

Three and one half years, jarhead.

Oh, BTW, Semper Fi (and settle in, these are good folks, even though some of them actually served in some other branch of the military, some even JOINED the Navy, believed it or not. Like Grandpappy used to say, "Ain't no accounting for some folks taste....").

There is no such thing as a 60% rating for PTSD!!! It goes from 0, 10, 30, 50, 70, and 100% and that is it. You must have some other disabilities besides PTSD and your COMBINED rating is 60%, not your PTSD. Yes?

I too am writing a book..... and KMAMIALS!!!!!!!!

One year isn't anything, I would consider it the speed of light compared to how long my stuff has taken so far. I have a skull loss earlier effective date and rating pending since Nov 1976.

Maybe they just have to take longer because we are Marines or something. I have heard of other folks getting their decisions in 7 months or less, but I believe that is just an URBAN LEGEND, MYTH, etc.

Either way in the end, you will get retro pay back to the entitlement for the increase, so you are not loosing anything since the government doesn't pay interest anyway. Just look at it that you have the money in a savings, but you just can't touch it yet while it is still accruing.

With just one year of waiting so far, it just makes you a NFG anyway.

Semper Fi!!!!

RockyA

Edited by RockyA1911

Yes I have other SC %. My C&P went ok, I have a Social Worker and Shrink. My eyes are Blue and I like long walks through the desert.....LOL!

Thanks Y'all..... If I had a claim that lasted more than 2 yrs I would get Senator Hutchinson involved. Were Pin Pals already.....

My Story is long and familiar to most with PTSD. VA Docs, Social Workers, Nurse Practioner say my GAF's are averaged 35-40. They all support my increase. I have SC 50% for PTSD. I'm working alone at night, with no supervision or people to deal with. Its the only way I can provide for my family. My meds do tire me down a little, I want to keep my job I have but its getting worse around here and they may fire me again, they already did once... Long Story!!

Things are just getting worse. I have given up Alcohol the past yrs and that may be the problem. Thinking now I am a Drug addict instead.. Zoloft, Gabapentin, Trazadone cocktail everyday...

Edited by marine0311

Hey there Marine....its nice to see new Marines here. Lets get down to whats what.

I had a long story about my job and being almost pushed out due to PTSD, so I feel that you shouldn't have to tell them, but who knows. The other thing is for some reason my doctors pysch and social worker gave me Celexia and Clonazapam. Both sedatives. I know the feeling. What i do is keep on the 800# and or have the SO get on them after a while. I think they get annoyed so they rate it....or so I hope so. My first one lasted 9 months. The increase lasted a total of 1 year 1 month so go figure.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Agent Orange claims go pretty fast because all you have to prove is that you have the presumptive disease. However, my orignial AO claim took almost one year. My secondary AO conditions took about 7 months. These are slam/dunk claims without stressor verification or IU. A year is nothing to wait for an increase but if you have had your C&P exam you should hear something soon.