What is everyone's current BVA appeal status as of January 2024? - Appealing Your Veterans Compensation Disability Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Search | Rules | Forums | VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png

27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

What is everyone's current BVA appeal status as of January 2024?

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Just curious where everyone else is sitting with their BVA appeals.

This month, my BVA AMA appeal turns 3 years old. It was an appeal of a CUE denial I submitted in 2019. The BVA received my appeal in January 2021 and the video hearing happened in December 2022. VA.gov still says it is waiting to be assigned to a judge to make a decision. I realize there are a ton appeals ahead of me as I am not terminally ill, not over 75 years old, not having a financial hardship, not having a legacy appeal, and not a PACT Act/Toxic Exposure appeal.

Not only did I receive one copy of this email today from the VA, but they were nice enough to send me a second copy of it! Bonus!

Dear Vync,

Your appeal, docket number 2101##-######, at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals continues to be in Appeal Docketed status. We must work cases in the order in which your VA Form 9 substantive appeal (for Legacy) or VA Form 10182 (for AMA) was received and we will update you with any progress.

I am back at the Board.  This is my original claim from 2013.  CAVC x2 - BVA x2 - HLR x1 - DRO x1.  

Good news on this it is a joint remand form the CAVC as they agreed there were mistakes and evidence never looked at (Shocker)!

I also got the Obligitory your BVA appeal is in line.  

Keep fighting everyone, You will get there!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have two separate appeals at the board as well but they are both new. One for PCAFC since July '23 and the other for comp issues since October '23. I am hopeful the caregiver claim has different rules and is processed more quickly but something tells me it's not. I can't work up the courage to investigate.

@shrekthetank1, @pacmanx1, and @rentalguy1, thank you for your updates! It seems to be the same thing which I dealt with back in the 90s. Hasty analysis and inability to follow the laws/regs...

Just now, shrekthetank1 said:

I will update once it moves forward.  

As will I. Personally, I hope everyone's appeals get handled tomorrow, thoroughly, and accurately. I realize that is wishful thinking though...