• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Should I Write Nexus's Down For Doc?

Rate this question

holdingontohelp

Question

Hi!

Hope you are all doing well! :)

I recevied a copy of the letter my DAV sent to the VA today.

In it, he asks the VA to make the C+P exams.

I understand the DAV's a busy guy, only one around Las Vegas (yes,

I moved here during a lapse in judgement), but shouldn't he have

at least asked if I wanted the exams? I know it's hard to get rated

with out them, but still...

Even though I'm miles of red tape away from the VA responding,

I want to ask if it would be in my best interest to give the doc a copy of

what I believe to be nexes's to my aggravaged MMD and recent (last 3 years)

GAD.

I will most likely be too busy doing OCD-type stuff to calm me during the

exam, but maybe it will help when the doc see's me counting tiles and bouncing

my knee B)

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

regarding your "should I write Nexus's dow for Doc"

this sure might be a good idea-

I definitely suggest doing this too-I have done it for veterans-

copy the pages of the SMRs as to where the nexus factors are, -any medical entries, test results etc. and then highlight this part of the SMRs and send it to the VARO in support of your claim.

I had a vet who had such HBP in service that he needed another airman assigned to him for 2-3 weeks due to fact that he kept fainting. It was an obvious nexus to his post service full blown heart disease.

I found documentation of the assigned airman and also all of his HBP readings and medical notes.

His claim is still in process -dont know the results yet.

Another vet I had had been at the BVA and gone thorugh 12 year long rigamarole with the VA as to his nexus.

I found his nexus in his SMRs ,copied, highlighted, additional some additional medical treatise print outs, and he got 2 IMos which agreed with how I had found and established the nexus-he gave the docs my notes and printouts on this- and the VA finally awarded him SC after 12 long years.

Regardless of whatever the Discharge Med cert says, SMRs hold the Nexus factor.If there is one.

I recommend that a vet get a trusted friend or significant other- better yet a med or nursing student to go over their SMRs carefully too if they are having problems proving an inservice nexus.

Funny thing about the 12 year vet I mentioned. His last BVA decision stated the medical nexus in the denial.

No one in 12 years -to include his Vet rep -ever looked up this medical word.Neither did the BVA.When I saw it -I was a click away from the success of this claim.

They then gave him 40% but we NOdded that the very next day and he is looking at 100% P & T plus SMC as this SC disability has caused blindness in one eye and severe heart disease.He cannot work due to it either.

I have blown up SMRs, tried to read them backwards with a mirror and tried to decifer the difficult med entries they can hold.Sometimes I ask my kid, a former Linquist for the Military- as she scored very high on the USAF cryptology test -to see what she can see in SMRs. She helped me prove that my husband had a heart attack while employed at the VA and they said it was a sinus infection. A specific medical word had been scribbled but then it suddenly hit us what it was-diaphoretic-

profuse sweating- not indication of sinus problem but of heart attack.Then when we looked at the following med recs,incurred that morning and figured them out, it became quite clear that this is what happened to him that day. VA agreed.

Edited by Berta

Boy hit alpha, you sure are pulling a few old posts out of moth balls. Not many will go back as far as 2005 or later to get answers they are looking for or even post their own answers to them at this current date.

That doesn't mean they don't have any place or value today, it just reminds me of some of my old posts under another name that I had to change after my computor crashed and it was awhile before I could get back on line, by then I needed to log in again, but due to some sort of glitch, I had to take another log in name.

Jim S. a.k.a. Rockhound Rider a.k.a Jim :P

p.s. I wish I could capture my old avatar of the Troll from the Lord of the Rings. I've been told I kind of look like him. LoL

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

Hi!

Hope you are all doing well! :lol:

I recevied a copy of the letter my DAV sent to the VA today.

In it, he asks the VA to make the C+P exams.

I understand the DAV's a busy guy, only one around Las Vegas (yes,

I moved here during a lapse in judgement), but shouldn't he have

at least asked if I wanted the exams? I know it's hard to get rated

with out them, but still...

Even though I'm miles of red tape away from the VA responding,

I want to ask if it would be in my best interest to give the doc a copy of

what I believe to be nexes's to my aggravaged MMD and recent (last 3 years)

GAD.

I will most likely be too busy doing OCD-type stuff to calm me during the

exam, but maybe it will help when the doc see's me counting tiles and bouncing

my knee :P

rYuo may call the Med,Ctr. and ask for the Dept who performs the CP Exams and when you do tht...ask them what your scehduled for and what tests will be performed. They may only tell you the reasons for the exam, but should be enouhg to prepare for,,,Peace,Bill

william

I thought there was something strange about why some of my old postings and comments were showing up. So it really didn't have anything to do with hit alpha wanting information or wanting something brought forward from years forgotten.

I guess a spammer comes in many forms. At least I keep my comments, for the most part, to current postings and usually five topics or les. LoL

I have problems sleeping when I should be sleeping, and find myself compelled to either post a question or just needing to talk or vent and sometimes to answer back and even then in my own way be fishing to find out if I am right or if have misinterpreted something and shown to be wrong.

If I ever pull something from my old posts, I hope at least the subject matter is just as valid today as it was then and deserves additional input either by me or by others.

hit alpha, think about what you are doing, you are actually only hurting yourself, your own integrety, your own worth as a person. You may tick a few people off here, but in the end, it is really only you that is actually being hurt. The moderaters will do their job as they see fit and then you won't even have this sight to play your spamming games.

I don't know if he chose me or not to use my posts or posts with me in them, but I hope those who read this, I who used to be Jim S. and who is now Rockhound Rider, a.k.a. Jim do not in anyway think that it is I who is maskerading as this person hit alpha. I depend to much on this sight and a few others to conduct myself in this manner.

Jim or Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim :P

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?