VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Rating Received

Rate this topic

Mike G

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

What info did they have for your sleep apena?

Were you active, what was your nexus??

Thanks

I was active duty and had an overnight sleep study administered. Diagnosed with a moderate case of sleep apena. Dr. prescribed the CPAP, tricare paid for it while I was still active.

i didn't know about sleep apena until I went to the doc complaining about being tired all the time, fatigued and unexplained weight gain. Wife always told me I would stop breathing in my sleep, so I told the doc.

Went through EENT and cardiopulmonary, took about 6 months to complete the loop.

MG-

• 1 month later...

I just got my retro payment for CRDP this month which was 75 days after my award letter and the payment came from the VA. When I called the VA they also said DFAS would pay it and DFAS said VA would pay it.

Concurrent retired and CRDP payments can go back to 2004 -- Military.com has a good site to show how to calculate the amount.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...pay-computation

On your award letter it should show in the entitlement table one block that says "election to receive compensation:withholding due to military retired pay ends". For emample, if it is 1 MAY 07, you will get the total amount of entitlement from the VA on 1 JUN 07 which will be for MAY 07. Your Retired LES effective 1 JUN 07 will be reduced to show the CRDP offset. For example, my VA entilement is $937 and my CRDP amount is $515. I get $937 from the VA and my retired pay is reduced by $422 ($937-$515).

• Founder

boy it seems like a lot of us have sleep apena either confirmed or suspected. they think i have it but i won't go for the sleep study.

how would sleep apnea be connected to ptsd?