• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed For Ptsd/mst

Rate this question

coolredmtn

Question

HELLO,

I am NEW here ....

I am a Desert Storm Veteran. I filed for PTSD/MST in March of 2006.

I am STILL waiting for a C&P exam. I am currently at 40% SC for other issues.

I have written two Senators and the Govenor of Colorado to get some further assistance. The VARO in Lakewood keeps telling me they have none of the documentation required to make that appointment.

I delivered a copy of everything myself, they should have it.

I reported the rapes to CID ~ this should go to the DA in Denver and to trial in 6-8 months according to the investigators.

I hope this wasnt TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks for "reading".

"coolredmtn"

Kris ~ US Army Veteran

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Kris, Welcome to Hadit. You have landed on the right runway.

Have you taken advantage of the VA's Assault program? I hope so for it is in the Vets best interest.

As far as your claim, The VA will eventualy rate it. The VA system is slow.

There are some folks here at Hadit that have suffered from the same type of assault you have experienced.

They can advise you more spacifically regarding your claim.

I wish you the best and again, Welcome to Hadit.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kris:

Welcome to Hadit. I am positive that if you invest some of your time that Hadit can help you with your claim. Have you ever seen your "C" File. It may be an important step to helping you see where you stand.

I recommend that you might consider going to your VARO to inspect your "C" File. The VA will have a Councellor with you and they can answer questions.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hi Kris,

Glad you found hadit. I'm one of your veteran mst sisters.

Do you have the regulation info from 38 CFR and M21-1MR regarding your claim ?

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Welcome aboard veteran and thank you for your service.

I sure hope you dont have the problems other female veterans are having with the VA:

http://vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfAPR07/nf040607-1.htm

"FEMALE VETERANS SLAM VA CITING LACK OF SERVICES --

The VA system remains poorly equipped to

address the needs of women."

But then again the VA web site has addressed this important issue and female veterans should be able to find the help they need in the system.

You need support of those who understand as well as claims help.

Do you have copy of the CID documentation to show you reported this awful incident and any other proof that it occurred?

It is really unconscionable that you delivered stuff to the VA in person and now they claim they dont have it.

Good for you to tell your state Gov and the senators.

I see the 40%SC for other issues- is this the first time you told VA of the rape?

Along with the report you made to CID, is there any other documentation in your mil records-such as did you go to hosp and get rape kit done?

or did you make an outcry- a legal term these days which means that anyone who experiences devastating event like a rape will often make an outcry- by immediatley after the event , telling someone what happened even if the rape cannot be proven-

many however keep it all in- and dont tell anyone-

did you possibly tell anyone in your unit who could give a buddy statement if needed to the VA-or even did you write home or call your family and tell them of this event when it occurred?

Family members also can make buddy statements detailing what you reported to them that happened and how it affected you and caused you emotional pain and anxiety.

There arent many eye witnesses to rapes-

Rapists make sure of that. The VA certainly understands that but still

needs proof of the event.

I think the report you have might be all you need to prove it occurred.

I believe it without even knowing you.

But it is the VA that controls claims like this and they depend on evidence to support their decisions.

Did you get a VCAA letter yet and did it tell you exactly what they need?

Writing to Governors and Senators , Congressmen/women etc is often a very good idea- depending on the circumstances- however that alone can hold a claim up too as work on the claim is stopped to prepare an answer for the congressional inquiry.I know that fact too well-but in your case often the only way for the VA to stop losing what you give them is to tell your congressional or state representatives.

This might help- if the VA loses any more of my stuff I will ask my Congressman to submit the stuff himself under his office address and I will send him the 5 bucks or so for priority postage and a tracking slip - would any of these people you contacted be willing to present your evidence this way too?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

HELLO, I did have an "outcry" to the Commanding Officer who did nothing about it.

I thought I had a "character witness" for the buddy letter.

CID went to locate her and found she was killed in a car accident in 1996.

They are interviewing the other drill sgts.

CID is going through the investigation, so no stone is left unturned.

All my doctors and therapists said they mailed documents to VARO ... who knows.

THANKS

Take Care,

Kris

Welcome aboard veteran and thank you for your service.

I sure hope you dont have the problems other female veterans are having with the VA:

http://vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfAPR07/nf040607-1.htm

"FEMALE VETERANS SLAM VA CITING LACK OF SERVICES --

The VA system remains poorly equipped to

address the needs of women."

But then again the VA web site has addressed this important issue and female veterans should be able to find the help they need in the system.

You need support of those who understand as well as claims help.

Do you have copy of the CID documentation to show you reported this awful incident and any other proof that it occurred?

It is really unconscionable that you delivered stuff to the VA in person and now they claim they dont have it.

Good for you to tell your state Gov and the senators.

I see the 40%SC for other issues- is this the first time you told VA of the rape?

Along with the report you made to CID, is there any other documentation in your mil records-such as did you go to hosp and get rape kit done?

or did you make an outcry- a legal term these days which means that anyone who experiences devastating event like a rape will often make an outcry- by immediatley after the event , telling someone what happened even if the rape cannot be proven-

many however keep it all in- and dont tell anyone-

did you possibly tell anyone in your unit who could give a buddy statement if needed to the VA-or even did you write home or call your family and tell them of this event when it occurred?

Family members also can make buddy statements detailing what you reported to them that happened and how it affected you and caused you emotional pain and anxiety.

There arent many eye witnesses to rapes-

Rapists make sure of that. The VA certainly understands that but still

needs proof of the event.

I think the report you have might be all you need to prove it occurred.

I believe it without even knowing you.

But it is the VA that controls claims like this and they depend on evidence to support their decisions.

Did you get a VCAA letter yet and did it tell you exactly what they need?

Writing to Governors and Senators , Congressmen/women etc is often a very good idea- depending on the circumstances- however that alone can hold a claim up too as work on the claim is stopped to prepare an answer for the congressional inquiry.I know that fact too well-but in your case often the only way for the VA to stop losing what you give them is to tell your congressional or state representatives.

This might help- if the VA loses any more of my stuff I will ask my Congressman to submit the stuff himself under his office address and I will send him the 5 bucks or so for priority postage and a tracking slip - would any of these people you contacted be willing to present your evidence this way too?

HEY ~ Sister,

I do not have the regulation.

Is it something I can find online or contact my Rep??

Thanks,

Kris

Hi Kris,

Glad you found hadit. I'm one of your veteran mst sisters.

Do you have the regulation info from 38 CFR and M21-1MR regarding your claim ?

carlie