• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wertle

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Reached out to doc about Aqua therapy. DENIED. . Now referred to physiatrist.  Now lets see how many different docs they will send me to. Lets the merry go round begin. 
    • I am confused the VA has just told me I can work my Union job because I have reasonable accomadations keeping me employed there. They want to get me P&T relating mostly for my TBI.
    • Hey. I'm 100% VA rated. So VA freaking owes me like $40K in back pay (by their own admission when they sent me my letter). And, my college age daughter who will graduate next semester (I've sent her school registration forms every semester for 3 1/2 years) is STILL not on my award.

I've called VA, written VA, called state VA (TX), called and written my Senators, Congressman, the VFW, attorneys, VSOs, and spent numerous hours on hold for VA to find out when I may possibly expect to see this corrected. All I get is: the VA is way behind, and new claims are processed first. I get it. But we're talking 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS!! I have had a car repossessed, my home foreclosed on, filed bankruptcy and currently have to live with my in-laws because that is all we can afford. When I said this to the state VA representative, he told me that since my bankruptcy was discharged already, and I am not technically homeless, and can drive my in-laws car, VA won't push my claim to the top because my life is not in "distress". WTF? I've lost everything. I'm seeing a shrink for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks, and have almost lost my marriage as well. Is there ANY organization, legal representation, or ANYONE who can help? Does any one out there give a f*ckin rat's a$$?! Thanks.
    • We will touch on the latest issue with the VA Suicide Hotline placing Veterans on Hold. This and other issues will be discussed by our panel.   Join is at 7:00pm eastern for this show. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2016/09/30/haditcom-blog-talk-veterans-radio-show-va-issues-with-suicide-hotline Basser
    • One important thing to remember:  If you are 100%, you don't need an extra rating of 60% or more to be entitled to SMC S. At 100%, you qualify on the grounds that "you don't leave the house for work" Yes, you can leave the house for any reason except work!!      Asknod can chime in on this?    

roadking

Claim For Depression

11 posts in this topic

hello all, just want to know if anyone has put in a claim for depression due to chronic pain. I am SC with back and both knees replaced and have been on pain meds for years. Looking for a little direction thanks

hello all, just want to know if anyone has put in a claim for depression due to chronic pain. I am SC with back and both knees replaced and have been on pain meds for years. Looking for a little direction thanks

if it was me going through all that service connected pain i wouldnt

hesitate to file for depression. have you been seeing a doctor about it?

you know how they are they are going to want some evidence . are

you taking anti depressants . i have heard somewhere you have to be

careful about taking anti depressants and pain meds. that would be another

matter going for you. i would try at least , but you are going to need

i believe some medical evidence. im saying if it were me.

Due to chronic headaches I filed for depression also and won both claims.

I succesfully filed for depression as secondary due to chronic pain, because I could not enjoy doing the things I used to do in the past like play golf or any sports. You do need to get it documented by going to your Dr and explaining the problems you are having. Your Dr. should then set you up with an evaluation and prescribe some type of anti depressent. Look at the rating criteria for depression and the different categories. Let the Doc know if you are having problems sleeping, anxiety or panic attacks...ect. They only rated me at 10% for my major depression, so I currently have an appeal in. Documentation is the most important thing and have take your time. Build the case before you submit to the VA. If it is weak, they will just deny and then you're fighting an up hill battle. Good luck!

I have several claims secondary to my sc'ed condition, I put in for depression with anxiety, they granted adjustment disorder with mood disorder . When you are going Psych. choose your words carefully they can twist almost any disorder into a personality disorder which gets a big fat donut.

Last year I was diagnosed with a Mood Disorder due to a General Medical Condition. The general medical conditions are IVDS, DDD, Spinal Stenosis, and bilateral knee pain. I then got my PCP to sign a nexus letter stating that the mood disorder was "at least as likely as not" related to the above conditions. I then filed for this as secondary to the above mentioned (already service connecte) condition. I was rated at 30% for this condition, and that was a low ball rating that is currently on appeal.

If you have these conditions sc'd already, then get the diagnosis from your PCP and the MH clinic at your VAMC. Get a RX for the depression, and start getting counseling. This can and does help the condition. Then get a nexus form signed. Then once you have all of this, and some medical records built up, file the claim. For information on the rating exam and criteria, click the link in my signature that says mental health claim repository.