VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Space A Travel For 100% P&t

• HadIt.com Elder
T&B,

Not sure if your post is serious or not since you were in the Army but just in case you were serious - I think sweettator meant Space A as in Space Available which is what we all had (whether or not we knew it, I was on a post that had an Air Base next to it) when we were on active duty. We could ride Space A on the Air Force planes if there was a seat available on the plane. Lots of GIs would use it to go over to Germany. The only problem with Space A is that you may get somewhere and not have a flight with any Space A seats on it when you want to get home so you may have to purchase a ticket home.

However, if you are flexible in your departure and return and don't mind riding in a red net seat then Space A travel is a great way to see the world.

Go Army!

TS Snave

TS,

I was half serious and joking around, I did not see the "a" between space and travel. Sorry sweettator, I guess the jokes on me. As they say smarty, smarty had a party and nobody came. I have a buddy who uses the stand by on military flights and also the military vacation and base facilities. Him and his wife love it and very inexpnsive. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

T&B

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have used Space A on many flights, over the years. When I was active in the veterans community, I would fly up to DC for meetings etc. Once, the pilot let me sit in the jump seat, up in the cock pit when he landed at Andrews AFB. What a trip. Great memories.

• HadIt.com Elder

It comes up every two years and always is killed by DOD. Don't pay t get excited by proposed legislation cause most of the time its a scam to make voters happy.

Yes, your are allow to use billeting. All you have to do is show your ID card provided to TDIU and 100% P&T veterans.

• 3 months later...
I was reading that there is a bill trying to be passed allowing space a travel for disabled vets. Has anyone heard if this bill was passed or may get passed? Also, are we allowed to use billeting on bases or places like Bellows Beach in Hawaii? Vicky

why fly unless going overseas? too many peopel fly and missses the great country we have. or in too big a hurry, but say they are never in a hurry.

lot beteer places to see than hawaii. of all the states hawaii is the biggest tourist trap. but they promote it that way.

• HadIt.com Elder

They have been running that one up the flag pole every two years since I noticed in 1991 and it has yet to pass.