VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Accused Of "gaming System"

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah, I can speak from first hand experience that the mental health care system within the military is horrible. We have soldiers here at Ft. Bliss that go "off their meds" all the time because they cannot get back in to see a "prescriber" in time. To schedule an appt. takes about a month and they offer 2 "walk-in" appt's each day but it's still not enough to meet the needs of the soldiers here. And, what's worse, is we have a couple Brigades returning from Afghanistan soon. They really need some more staff here and quick.

• HadIt.com Elder

When the military sees that you have a mental problem they first start to find some way to get you out of the service without having to pay a pension. The easiest way is to find some misconduct and throw you out as some sort of misfit or bad conduct dischargee. This is very easy to do with a person who suffers from depression and anxiety and PTSD. A couple of dirty urine tests and you will be on your way to a life time of fighting with the VA over service connection.

John

It's just like every major sickness that they have put us through. They hope we all fall off the scope, go away and they get their bonus.

These soldier's that are coming back, have alot of problem's that won't show up for year's.

I know a couple of these guys that did 3 tour's. You can see the trouble/storm's in their eye's and the way they talk.

You can only hide from it so long and then it start eating at you.

In truly is a shame this is still going on in the VA this day and age.

I was thinking about this just the other day when I got contacted out of the blue. Guess they need some more money for their bonuses!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats what I h ave been saying for years. Mass produced medicine with triage. or Lines of people to get the numbers up.

J