VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I contact the Secretary?

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Hello All,

Some of you may know, and I'm hoping for some advice...

5 months ago, I was granted SC for several issues with a minor remand for issues that reach back to my original filing date of 2008. I'm looking at tens of thousands in back pay. I've heard neither hide nor hair from the VA regarding my SC grants, back-pay, or anything for that matter since the original SOC from the BVA.

I work with lady here who used to be pretty high up in the VBA and came to my place of employment after a stressful time at the VA. She told me that BVA cases should be implemented within three months and that my five month wait time is the apparent exception and NOT the rule. She has the Secretary's Chief-of-Staff's email address and she said he responds to help veterans.

Has anyone else gone this route? Would I be digging my grave by doing this? She also said that she would go that route because she has, and to do it before going through my Senator/Congressperson's office.

My County VSO told me to suck it up an continue to wait through years 9/10. I'm f#$%^&* tired of waiting.

What's the consensus amongst Hadit?

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

• Founder

Sgt Wilky have you contacted the regional office, if so and no real answer from them then perhaps contacting the secretary might work it will definetly get it looked at i would think. damn frustrating for you.

Sgt Wilks I can only speak for me BUT I had had my claims in since August 2002 and I contacted "then" undersecretary Hickey on Dec 7, 2014  afterward Dec 16, 2014 ALL my claims were closed in went from 30% to 90% I must include this happen with being on this site so I say contact them 

12 hours ago, Tbird said:

Sgt Wilky have you contacted the regional office, if so and no real answer from them then perhaps contacting the secretary might work it will definetly get it looked at i would think. damn frustrating for you.

I sent an IRIS request back in late January and received the typical canned response. I went ahead and emailed the Secretary yesterday afternoon.

11 hours ago, recdir said:

Sgt Wilks I can only speak for me BUT I had had my claims in since August 2002 and I contacted "then" undersecretary Hickey on Dec 7, 2014  afterward Dec 16, 2014 ALL my claims were closed in went from 30% to 90% I must include this happen with being on this site so I say contact them 

And I did too! Hopefully I'll have as much success as you did!

I contacted the Secretary and received an immediate response. I would have to say go for it, especially if nothing else has worked. Good luck. I hope you get what is deserved.