VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MST C & P EXAM RESULTS WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Rate this question

Muffin

Question

Morning,

Just got my result from a MST please tell me what do you all think? 

Opinion: 

It is as likely as not (50% likelihood) that the current symptoms of the patients diagnosed PTSD and depressive disorder are the result of an in service MST-related event. 

Rationale:  Markers of symptoms in the patient's medical history (Statement in Support of Claim and MAP-D Development letter) would/could fall in line as MST markers with her claimed stressor and substantiate that stress.  Exam utilized DSM-5 diagnostic criteria. 

Probably figure on 30% for starters, but no way to say without your C&P exam findings.  You can look at the breakdown of the symptoms you have and bounce them against the rating chart found on here on the CFR forums.  That will give you a much clearer picture of what you are entitled to.

For example if you have SI, that is in the 70% block.  By law they must give you the highest rate of any of your symptoms.  So based on the example, if that is the only symptom you have in the 70% bracket, then the law states you must be rated at 70%. However that don't mean the VA will abide by the law, more often than not, they don't, the first time around.

I wish you the best.

Semper Fi

Without the "occupational and social impairment" it's hard to give you a % but I too am S/C for PTSD/MST and started out at 30% before I was increased this past March to 50%.  Sounds positive for S/C, NOW are you in therapy?  Therapy will help!  I am in weekly one-on-one therapy for almost 2 years now and it's helping.  Of course I also suffer from an eating disorder so I have that to overcome.