VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Examiner Minimum Medical Qualifications ?? Changed??

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Are new laws currently in effect lowering the medical qualifications for C&P examiners??

I was looking on the USAJOBS government website tonight and it seems the VA is seeking to hire nurses as C&P examiners.

Does this mean that RNs can be hired to examine, fill out dbqs, and do IMOs?

This is a game changer if true.

Edited by 63Charlie

6 answers to this question

Nurse Practicianer can and do, but I am not sure about a straight RN (Registered Nurse).

A quick search on the net, I do not see where a RN can do a C&P.  All I see are NP's, or registered nurse practicioners.

But they may have changed it up,

Hamslice

Im automatically suspicious. Why would they get a Nurse to do a C&P, they could just get a Dr to say Nope

There is  discussion here on the new VA proposed Rule to allow APRNs to have full medical authority...

Th comment period is over:

• HadIt.com Elder

For a Mental C&P Exam like PTSD   Qualifications are in the

M R 1-M R Part III Subpart iv,D.18.d

Also for any C&P,  the examiner must state his/her credentials with their signature.

I wonder how this will affect the criteria for PTSD dxs under the 2010 PTSD criteria.

I am sure glad pwrslm told us of this. I know at least 3-4 of us here commented on it but I saw nothing on any other vets sites about it.

It could change everything.

Years ago Carlie, John999 I think, me and a few others would post notice of these proposed rules.

I don't have time to keep up with them so I sure appreciate anyone who can advise us of them as they pop up.

Many years ago there was a big broohaha when the VA tried to change one of the AO regs and they never gave public notice on it.  At least this time we knew of the proposal and could comment.

Not enough vets, in my opinion, commented on the PTSD reg change of 2010.Maybe it would not have mattered anyhow if they did. And this rule might render the VAMH professional DX of PTSD as moot anyhow.

I have nothing against nurses at all. Just concerns as to the future ramifications of this proposed rule.The very first paragraph of my book describes how a VAMC  nurse pulled me over to a corner in my husband's room and told me she could get fired for saying this but.." Can you get him out of here before they kill him?"

She did not know I had already had a squabble with my husband's  doctor, threathened to call my congressman if the doc didnt do what I wanted, and they were prepping my husband to be sent by ambulance to a larger (and what I thought to be) a better VAMC.

The nurse also told me she put into his med recs an incident that happened the night before.I questioned his doctor about it and the doc said they had ordered X rays. They never ordered them at all.

Also my FTCA FOIA info revealed that VACO stated the nurses had been far more observant than the doctors in regards to my husband's hospital care.

This ,in my opinion, as to the APRNs can be both a good and a bad thing.

I cannot figure out VA's agenda on the rule.Probably it has to do with $$$$$$ 

6 hours ago, Berta said:

I cannot figure out VA's agenda on the rule.Probably it has to do with $$$$$$ 

This