VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is there a way to get more details on the status of your claim than what you can see on eBenefits?

Rate this question

dsteele713

Question

My claim has been bouncing around the various stages for a while now. It was all the way at 'Preparation for Notification', and has moved as far back as 'Preparation for Decision'. I've tried calling the 1-800 number but wasn't really successful. Occasionally they were able to tell me things, like the fact that the examiner had received the VA's C&P exam, but that was about it. Is there someone I can talk to in order to find out where it's really at?

Actually, just viewing the c-file will have everything VACOLS has in it. No need to chase around to all the computers looking for development. If they are as close as "preparation" for anything, it will be at the front of the .pdf. 

NOD, is the ability of the RO VSO to access the Vet's C-File relatively new, say last couple years?

Do the VSO's have the ability to Print specific pages of the Vet's C-File?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

I would think they can print off things  if its in their computer  via pdf.

maybe different with a VSO/ VSR?

What I would like to know  do they copy the VAOCLS or print the ''say decision'' before or after it goes into the C-FILE? OR maybe it does it automatic?

like when a decision is made does all the paper work copied to the C-FILE?

Why I ask this  is because some things is not in my C-file that should be.

Edited by Buck52

Sometimes I've gotten lucky checked the historical claims tab and shows a partial decision and also clicking on the disability tab that shows all issues under compensation menu will show what's pending or deferred.

The ability of VSO RO Hq to view and print info from a Vet's C-File poses an interesting question, why would the VA offer appointments for C-File viewing that requires advance notice and a VA Employee being with the Vet for the entire Viewing appointment?

It sounds like it would be much easier for a Vet to visit his VSO HQ and request to view his C-file on their computer. Makes sense that trying to spend that kind of time with a VSR, with a line of Vets waiting to see him, would be out of the question.

Back in 13 and early 14, VSR's at the VMC had very limited access to info that wasn't already in their possession. Never spoke with a VSR that claimed remote access directly to my C-File. When I did visit my VSO at the RO early 14, only new info that was provided regarding my 4-year-old DRO Hearing Request, was that "Diary Dates?" had come and gone. Ne real indication regarding the DRO Date, or status other than pending. Hearing finally took place 06/23/14.

Semper Fi

On 2/24/2017 at 3:34 PM, asknod said:

Call up the VA  director at the VARO. Tell me which RO and I'll give you the phone number. That presumes you do not have a VSO rep. If you do, call him/her and ask them to go onto the computer and look up the answer to your question in your c-file. 

Actually, I think the DAV is my rep. I didn't work with them to file or submit the claim, but they helped me with the first one, and they were still listed as the rep by default when I was filing on eBenefits, so I just left it like that. I still thought they wouldn't actually be involved until about three weeks ago when I got a letter from them stating the VA actually plans to reduce (more details here). I've been meaning to call them to see if they could tell me anything else (what the basis for their decision was, etc.), but the letter said to call them once I got the official VA notification, so I assumed they didn't know all the details and needed the VA letter before they could offer any help. After reading this I'll give them a call on Monday and ask if they can access my C-file, though. Obviously I'm antsy about it; the VA recommending a decrease was totally unexpected, and it would cause some serious financial strain.

Edited by dsteele713
Fixing grammar