VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

149 Days & Counting

Rate this question

OEF 21B

Question

Well, it's been 149 days since I submitted my claim for PTSD. I've added my VA Psych diagnosis for PTSD & Panic Disorder (GAF 47) to my file as well as my Psych treatment notes (I go to the VA once a week for the OEF/OIF Group therapy class) and once a month to visit with my psychologist.

Don't know why it's taking so long, and when I call my DAV rep, he doesn't answer my phone calls. I'm still taking my meds (40mg/day of Citalopram & up to 3- 0.5mg/Xanax a day as needed) and going to ALL of my VA counseling sessions.

Is anyone else experiencing a long wait for an initial rating?

Thanks,

OEF 21B

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The Waco VARO had 21,228 pending claims with 7,034 (33.1%) over 125 days on 3 MAY 2010.

They currently have 47,887 pending claims with 33,263 (69.5%) over 125 days as of 2 MAY 2011

The Waco VARO currently has the highest "over 125-day %" of all the Central Area VAROS, including the Houston, TX VARO....

Good thing I'm not in any hurry!!! I hope they process your case quickly!

I love how they do this

I'm a vietnam vet and when I just called about my case I was told that OEF OIF vets are taking precedence over my claim.

They will say whatever they want in an attempt to divide and conquer us vets.

Just remember there really is no priority system that works within the VA. The reason your claim is taking so long is because the VA is a shambles, and there is no system set up, just a next one on the pile system.

Thanks though, I appreciate your attitude and not getting upset by the nehmer cases, like a lot of guys are. I've been waiting nearly 20years for my IHD claim to be approved, and I just got sent to the rater last week. I submitted the nehmer IHD claim two years ago, when the announcement was made. I sure as hell don't feel prioritzed. LOL!:lol:

Like every one else my claim seemed like it was being stalled. Looking back I think it was done in a timely manner. My application for SSDI took only

3 months, my VA claim took from Dec 1 2008 to Aug 27 2009. they gave me 70% with 100% TDIU. This was was all done at the Waco VARO.

I'm Still fighting for p&t, but I'm well saticfied with their work so far.

Keep up with your appointments and your meds and you'll come out of this fine--- LOVE & RESPECT BANDIDO BILL

291 Days and my claim is still in the "Development Phase".

The Waco VARO currently has 48,906 pending claims and 34,308 are pending over 125 days (70.2%). The number just keep increasing!

Still on my meds and still going to my weekly group meetings.

Like every one else my claim seemed like it was being stalled. Looking back I think it was done in a timely manner. My application for SSDI took only

3 months, my VA claim took from Dec 1 2008 to Aug 27 2009. they gave me 70% with 100% TDIU. This was was all done at the Waco VARO.

I'm Still fighting for p&t, but I'm well saticfied with their work so far.

Keep up with your appointments and your meds and you'll come out of this fine--- LOVE & RESPECT BANDIDO BILL

Edited by OEF 21B

My husband's claim is on day 336. E-benefits still shows in Development, however the 800# finally recognizes it with Decision (where its been for 42 days). The bright side is that it's closer to the end that it is to the beginning, but that's just my logical thinking. May not hold true with the VA.

To All That Are Waiting On Decisions:

The best thing to do is find a hobby or something to keep you busy.

The 800 number, ebenefits - whatever you use to try and track your claims

day by day and week by week - is not accurate !

Even if it were accurate - claims can be with a decision maker one day

and back to development the next.

All checking that mail box everyday for your decision will do - is keep

you down and waiting.

Live your life the best you can each day and just try to forget about the VA.

Believe me, I know it's hard when so much of your life hinges on your

rating decision - if you can pay for a roof over your head, transportation, utilities,

health care, meds etc...

Doing the daily count down can drive you up a wall and leave you feeling

stuck - just plain stuck.

Don't let it happen - try to do something - anything you can, to not let them make you feel stuck.

Worry will not help these decisions arrive any faster - you have to be in it for the long haul

but try not to let it hold you down from living your life.

JMHO

Hi, I am new to the forums and wanted to add my 330 days and counting. My claim was filed August 24 2010 under the Quick Start program. I was told that because it was a Quick Start claim, VA had 90 days to complete it. It wasn't even to the decision phase at 90 days. Although currently, it has been IN the decision phase for nearly 100 days. This whole process has been nothing but trouble. At this point, I have run out of meds for PTSD, migraines and ulnar nerve disorder. I haven't been to therapy in nearly 1 year and everywhere I turn, I am told they can do nothing for me until I have an initial claim rating. Any advice?