VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got The Widow's Month Of Death Payment!

Rate this topic

After two years of requesting it - I finally got the Surviving Spouse's Month of Death payment this Friday.

I can't take much credit for getting it - as all my requests, IRIS, letters, etc for the past two years kind of faded into "VA space." They used the old "we have forwarded your request to the person who is supposed to handle it" ploy for two years - which I found actually meant "You won't be hearing from us again on this matter."

However, I did contact my Congressman - and asked him to check on it. He hasn't received their response yet, but I got my check this week.

So I imagine they will now write him a response that excuses the whole delay away as a "glitch" - and I doubt they will address the fact that I have been requesting this payment for TWO YEARS.

But the good news is - I DID get the check!!!! Finally.....

Hey! Wouldn't it be nice if WE could put a hold on funds in the VA's bank account until they pay us, like they can put a hold on ours?

Free

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After two years of requesting it - I finally got the Surviving Spouse's Month of Death payment this Friday.

I can't take much credit for getting it - as all my requests, IRIS, letters, etc for the past two years kind of faded into "VA space." They used the old "we have forwarded your request to the person who is supposed to handle it" ploy for two years - which I found actually meant "You won't be hearing from us again on this matter."

However, I did contact my Congressman - and asked him to check on it. He hasn't received their response yet, but I got my check this week.

So I imagine they will now write him a response that excuses the whole delay away as a "glitch" - and I doubt they will address the fact that I have been requesting this payment for TWO YEARS.

But the good news is - I DID get the check!!!! Finally.....

Hey! Wouldn't it be nice if WE could put a hold on funds in the VA's bank account until they pay us, like they can put a hold on ours?

Free

Congrats free. Long wait but well deserved.

• HadIt.com Elder

Free,

I am so proud of you and know that you will win all your claims.

I wish the VA could see whom they are dealing with and pay everyone their well deserved claims and stop the stalling.

Free, thanks so much for my VA education!! " THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX".

God Bless,

Betty

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use